Chapter 3

Layla sighed and slammed her Science books onto the table. She sat down beside Lydia and pouted.

"I hate this class." She groaned.

It had not been a good morning for Layla. She had to physically drag her brother out of their fathers office. Stiles had refused to go to school until their father did a complete background check on Theo.

This resulted in a lot of swearing and growling from Layla who was fed up with her brother and a "that's definitely my daughter" from the sheriff.

"Well," Lydia spoke as she doodled on her book. "If you look behind you, your opinion may just change."

Layla's eyebrows furrowed in confusion but she turned round and locked eyes with Theo. He waved at her and smiled, which Layla sheepishly returned. Turning back she glared at the strawberry blonde.

"You knew he was looking, didn't you?" She whisper yelled, worried that Theo would hear.

Lydia smirked. "I did. He's been staring at you, since you walked in."

Layla went to reply when Scott walked in and sat beside Kira. The three girls looked at each other and then Scott.

"Are you in the right class?" Kira asked.

Scott looked up at her. "AP Biology."

"Do you know what AP stands for?" Lydia asked. Scott looked at her and smiled. "Advanced Placement." He laughed.

The teacher walked in and began speaking about some formulas or something. Layla tuned out. She was tired and agitated. Besides, her grades were as good as Lydia's so she could afford to space out for one class.

"Who else here thinks they're in the right class?" She asked pulling Layla out of her trance.

Layla snorted. She looked round and saw Theo had his hand up. He smirked at Layla when their eyes locked. Layla pursed her lips and raised her hand, not breaking eye contact with Theo.

---
Layla sat beside Scott, her head on his shoulder. "Did you sleep at all last night Layla?" He asked.

"Nope." She grumbled.

"Why?"

"Stiles wouldn't shut the hell up. Theo this and Theo that. I had to barricade myself in my bedroom. And even then, he sat and listed all his shady qualities."

Scott laughed. "Don't look now, but here he comes."

"Come on." Stiles said, tapping his sister's shoulder.

"We have a free period." Scott answered for them.

"Yeah. So do I. And so does Theo Raeken." Stiles replied.

"Sweet lord. I can't get one moments peace. Stiles one of these days. One of these days." Layla grumbled, as Scott helped her up.

"What?" Stiles asked, confused.

Layla sighed and shook her head. "Let's go."