Chapter 5: Kevin

The group of heroes were inside a hotel checking into a room with Grandpa Max getting the room, Gwen was drooling about how the hotel has "everything", Ben just wanted to go to his room already and Y/N was reading his mother's spell book while waiting for Max to finish up with the receptionist. 

Y/N was currently reading about teleportation spells and locating spells which could come in useful. He also fail to notice Ben run towards a sumo slammers game stand but was turned back.

Max: No sneaking back in there Ben.

Ben: I won't.

The three went towards the elevator while Ben went in the bathroom and turned into Ghostfreak so he could sneak past the guard.

Y/N: You guys seen Ben?

Gwen: He was right behind us.

The trio saw Ben being dragged out of the sumo slammers event while Max looked angry, Y/N just facepalmed and Gwen had a smug look on her face.

The heroes were seen getting thrown out of the hotel thanks to Ben's stunt.

Max: I told you not to sneak in there.

Ben: If you want to technical about it.

Y/N: There is no getting "technical" about it, you just got us kicked out.

Gwen: I didn't get the chance to take a shower, a real shower for the first time this summer and they had a spa! Good job doofus.

With no where else to go everyone went back to the RV and put all their stuff back and they all had a talk about Ben and his actions back at the hotel.

Max: How do you expect me to trust you when you keep misusing the watch.

Ben: Excuse me! I always use it for good never for me!

Y/N: We can't use these watches for personal gain. I thought Tetrax taught you better then this.

Ben: Well Tetrax isn't here is he. This is my vacation and your not my dad!

Max was shocked at Ben's response and so was Y/N, he never thought that anyone could be this disrespectful towards their family. As soon as Max left to get his money back and Ben took off to an arcade with Gwen following him to an arcade while Y/N stayed in the RV.

Y/N: He is so lucky that he has a family and this is how he treats his Grandpa. I miss you mom and dad.

Max: You alright son?

Y/N didn't see Max walk in until he heard his voice.

Y/N: Y-yeah I'm fine.

Max: Something is clearly eating at you, care to tell me.

Y/N: I rather not. Its very personal to me.

Max: Like that book you carry around with you? I see you reading it quite a lot.

Y/N: I-It was my mothers, she died when I was very young.

Max puts an arm around Y/N and he let it happen feeling some kind of warmth.

Y/N: H-How can Ben treat his own family like that!

The two remained silent as Gwen comes back in the RV.

Max: Where's Ben?

He said cold heartedly and a serious expression.