two

A/N: this chapter isnt too major but i just wanted to update. also this isnt proof read so i apologize for any typos!

***

Just as things started to get more heated, the pitter-patter of little footsteps were heard to their right. The the little, high pitched voice shouting rung in their ears as she came down the steps. "Mommy!"

Taylor froze, pulling back from the kiss and staring at Travis dumbfounded, he only looked confused, before turning her attention to the three year old that just reached the bottom of the steps. "Mommy! I want a glass of milk!"

Taylor furrowed her eyebrows. "Did Sophie not give you one already?" She asked, already knowing the answer. She could feel Travis watching behind her, but right now she was more focused on her daughter.

"I want another one!" The three year old shouted again. "Scarlett, inside voices please." Taylor warned gently. Scarlett frowned. "Sorry mommy."

Taylor smiled softly. "Go get your cup and wait nicely in the kitchen. I'll be right there, okay?" This seemed to please Scarlett, as she hurried into the kitchen, away from Taylor and Travis.

Taylor silently sighed, turning back around to meet Travis's face. When she saw his expression, she could make out the mixture of shock, confusion and.. was it awe? Either way, she knew he had tons of questions.

"Surprise?.." Taylor chuckled awkwardly, waiting for Travis to say something. When he didn't, she took it upon herself. "I'm sorry. I- I was gonna tell you eventually I just.. I don't trust just anybody with my secret. I didn't wanna say it so soon because I didn't wanna scare you away. I—"

"Tay— Taylor, Taylor." He stopped her rambling. "It's okay." He smiled softly at her.

Taylor furrowed her eyebrows. "Really? You're not mad or.."

Travis shook his head. "Taylor, why would I be mad? You have a beautiful baby girl, that's not something I'd be mad about. Hey, I love kids. This doesn't scare me one bit, I have three nieces."

Taylor smiled softly. "So you're not gonna run out on me?" Travis inhaled. "Not necessarily.. but I'm obviously gonna need time to process this, you know that."

Taylor sighed and nodded. "Nobody knows about this, please don't tell anyone." Taylor pleaded. She didn't want to endanger her daughter by being all over social media. Which is mainly why she disappeared from the media after Scarlett was born.

"You have my word. Don't worry Taylor." Travis reassured, kissing her head softly before standing up.

"You're gonna go?" Taylor looked up at him from where she was seated on the couch. "Yeah, it's somebodies bedtime, and I don't wanna interrupt."

"Mommy! I want my milk now, please!" She shouted from the kitchen, making them both snicker. "And somebody's determined to get a glass of milk." Travis added, making Taylor chuckle.

They said their goodbyes and Taylor watched Travis exit through the garage, her security taking him back to his hotel. Taylor sighed and stood up, going to the kitchen where her three year old was impatiently waiting.

Taylor took her cup and began to grab the carton of milk from the fridge to fill it. "Mommy?" Taylor turned her head to glance at Scarlett and hummed in acknowledgment to let her know she was listening.

"Who was that?" The curious tiny blonde crocked her head. Taylor finished pouring the cup of milk and turned to look at Scarlett. "That's not daddy. I know that not daddy because he treat you good. Daddy no treat you or me good." Scarlett frowned.

These words sent a pang through Taylors heart. She sighed slightly, giving Scarlett her cup of milk. "Daddy didn't treat you or me good," She corrected as Scarlett drank her milk. Taylor always took it upon her to correct Scarlett's grammar or vocabulary when needed, she is homeschooling her after all. "and you're right. That wasn't daddy. We aren't gonna see daddy ever again." Taylor told her daughter, sitting in the chair across from Scarlett.

Hopefully we'll never see him again. She thought to herself. Nobody has seen Joe ever since the day Scarlett was born. Had he been taken by the cops that day? Did he run away? Is he lurking around here without her knowing? Or maybe he went back to London? Who knows.. all she knew is that right now they're safe without him.

Taylor inhaled, trying to figure out how to tell her daughter about the situation. "His name is Travis," She stated simply. "I want to get to know him, and maybe he can get to know you once he.. meets you properly. Is that okay?" Taylor leaned against the table Scarlett was sitting at.

Scarlett looked at Taylor with her big blue eyes, which thankfully looked identical to hers; she couldn't imagine if her eyes looked like his, she'd have to look at them every day; a reminder of what happened. Scarlett practically looked identical to Taylor, actually. Her short, curly blonde hair that was still growing out, the blue eyes, even the same facial features with the exception of a small bit of Joe, but you could barely tell. "That okay!" The three year old approved. "But.. will Travis become my new daddy?"

Taylors gaze softened. "If everything goes well, yes. But only if you're comfortable, baby. You're gonna get to know him better and then you'll see, okay? I'm not going to force you." Scarlett nodded, finishing her cup of milk and putting it on the table. "Ready for bed?" Taylor asked, seeing her daughter's eyes already starting to flutter. She chuckled and lifted her into her arms, Scarlett immediately resting her head on Taylors shoulder and her legs wrapped around Taylors waist.

Taylor took Scarlett upstairs and placed her down gently in her little bed. After tucking her in, she kissed her daughter goodnight and shut the light, making sure to leave her pink night light on. She closed the door, leaving it a crack open, and began to head to her own room.

Taylor plopped down on the bed with a heavy sigh. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She tugged it out of her back pocket, revealing a few messages from Selena. Practically all of them asking how it went with Travis. She sighed and just left her phone on the nightstand faced down.

She laid there, staring at the ceiling lost in her own thoughts as they overwhelmed her mind. Would this be the last straw for him? Does he still feel the same way after finding out about this? Can she trust him to keep her secret? Does he still love her?

She groaned and rubbed her face, trying to get rid of the thoughts and shutting her eyes, attempting to get some sleep. She tossed and turned a bunch, until she reluctantly gave up with a sigh, lying on her side and staring at the wall. She knew it was going to be a long, restless night.