fourty three

Leah walked into the same small café she and Y/N used to frequent where she'd seen her before. The familiar scent of baked pastries greeted her, evoking a wave of nostalgia. She chose a corner table, one they had often occupied, and sat down, trying to steady her racing heart.

As she stared out the window, lost in thought, she heard the bell above the door jingle. Leah glanced up and froze.

Y/N looked around, her eyes settling on Leah with a flicker of recognition.

Leah's heart pounded. Could this be a chance to reconnect, to make her remember? She took a deep breath and waved Y/N over.

Y/N hesitated for a moment before walking over, a curious look on her face. "Hi," she said, her voice unsure. "are you stalking me?" she smiled

Leah forced a smile, her emotions swirling. "Yeah, maybe i am. Mind if I join you?"

Y/N nodded, taking a seat across from Leah. "Sure. I was just getting a coffee."

As they sat in silence for a moment, Leah tried to think of what to say. She wanted to tell Y/N everything, to make her remember their love, but she knew she had to be careful. "So, how have you been?" she finally asked, keeping her tone light.

Y/N shrugged, stirring her coffee absently. "I've been okay. Busy with work and... other things. You?"

Leah nodded, her eyes searching Y/N's face for any sign of recognition. "Same here. It's been... challenging lately."

Y/N looked at her, curiosity flickering in her eyes. "Challenging how?"

Leah hesitated. She couldn't reveal too much, but she needed to connect with Y/N. "Just... dealing with some personal stuff. Trying to figure things out."

Y/N nodded, her expression softening. "I get that. Life can be pretty confusing sometimes."

Leah smiled sadly. "Yeah, it can."

They sat in silence again, sipping their coffees. Leah's mind raced, trying to think of a way to bridge the gap between them. "You know," she said cautiously, "this café... it holds a lot of memories for me."

Y/N looked around, a faint smile on her lips. "It's a nice place. I feel like I've been here before, but I can't remember when."

Leah's heart ached at the words. "Maybe we were here together," she said softly, hoping to spark something in Y/N's memory.

Y/N frowned slightly, trying to recall. "Maybe. It's weird, but sometimes I get these feelings, like I should know things or places, but they're just out of reach."

Leah leaned forward, her voice gentle. "Maybe it's because you do know them, deep down. Sometimes our minds can play tricks on us, but our hearts remember."

Y/N looked at her, something flickering in her eyes. "Yeah, maybe. It's just... frustrating not being able to remember."

Leah reached out, placing her hand over Y/N's. "I know it's hard, but sometimes, memories have a way of finding their way back."

Y/N looked at Leah's hand, a mix of emotions crossing her face. She seemed to be on the verge of saying something when her phone buzzed, breaking the moment. She glanced at the screen and sighed. "I have to go. Katie's waiting for me."

Leah's heart sank, but she forced a smile. "Of course. Can't keep Mccabe waiting. It was nice talking to you."

Y/N nodded, standing up. "Yeah, it was. Maybe I'll see you around?"

Leah nodded, watching her leave. "I hope so," she whispered to herself.

Meanwhile, across town, Katie was in her apartment, pacing the floor. She had been on edge since Y/N had mentioned meeting Leah at the café. She knew she had to act quick to keep Leah from rekindling Y/N's memories.

Katie rummaged through the items she had taken. She picked up the diary entry. Reading it, she felt a pang of jealousy, but she knew this was the key to keeping Y/N close to her and away from Leah.

Determined, Katie planned to recreate it. She would take Y/N to the same spot where Leah had kissed her, hoping to replace Leah in Y/N's heart with herself. It was a risky move, but Katie was desperate to keep Y/N from remembering Leah.

The next evening, Katie invited Y/N over, suggesting they go for a walk. As they strolled through the park, Katie led her to the secluded spot where Leah had first kissed her. The setting sun cast a warm glow, creating a perfect backdrop.

Katie turned to Y/N, her heart pounding. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

Y/N looked at her, curious. "What is it?"

Katie took a deep breath, stepping closer. "I... I have feelings for you. I've had them for a while now."

Y/N's eyes widened. "Katie, I..."

Before she could finish, Katie leaned in and kissed her, trying to recreate the magic of Y/N's memory with Leah. For a moment, Y/N seemed to kiss back, but then she pulled away, confusion written all over her face.

"Katie, I don't know if I can do this," Y/N said, her voice shaky. "Something doesn't feel right."

Katie's heart sank, but she forced a smile. "We can take things slow."

Y/N nodded, still looking uncertain at if Katie had even listened to her.

As they walked back to Katie's apartment, Katie's mind raced. She needed to find another way to keep Y/N from remembering Leah. But deep down, she knew that as long as Leah was around, Y/N's memories would always be just out of reach, waiting to resurface.

Back at Katie's apartment, Y/N sat on the couch, lost in thought. Katie watched her, a mix of frustration and determination burning in her chest.