fourty six

Katie had meticulously planned every detail for the day, carefully replicating the walk on the beach described in Y/N's diary entry. She had rehearsed Leah's words over and over, determined to make this moment unforgettable for Y/N.

They arrived at the beach just before sunset. The sky was a canvas of pinks and oranges, and the air was filled with the soothing sound of waves crashing against the shore. Katie took Y/N's hand, leading her down the sandy path.

"This place is beautiful," Y/N said, glancing around. There was a flicker of familiarity in her eyes, but she couldn't quite place it.

Katie smiled, trying to hide her nervousness. "I thought you'd like it. There's something magical about watching the sunset here."

As they walked, Katie began to recite the words she had memorized. "You know, Y/N, I used to come here all the time. This place has a way of calming me, making me feel at peace."

Y/N nodded, her expression thoughtful. "It does feel peaceful."

They reached a spot where the sand met the water, and Katie stopped, turning to face Y/N. "I remember the first time I came here, I was so lost in my thoughts. But then I realized, it's not about being lost. It's about finding something new, something beautiful."

Y/N's eyes widened slightly, a strange look crossing her face.

Katie continued, her heart pounding. "And you know, when I'm with you, I feel like I've found that something beautiful. You make everything better, Y/N."

As Katie spoke, Y/N's mind began to race. The words, the setting—it all felt too familiar, like a distant memory trying to resurface. She suddenly felt a jolt, a strange sensation in her brain as if it were trying to piece together something important.

"Katie, I... I feel weird," Y/N said, pulling her hand away. "Can we leave?"

Katie's face fell, but she quickly masked her disappointment. "Of course, Y/N. Let's go."

They walked back to the car in silence. Y/N's mind was in turmoil, and she couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong. As soon as they reached her apartment, she thanked Katie quickly and went inside.

Once alone, Y/N pulled out her phone and called Alessia, her voice shaking. "Lessi, I need to talk to you."

"Hey, Y/N, what's wrong?" Alessia's voice was filled with concern.

"I don't know," Y/N said, her words tumbling out. "I went to the beach with Katie today, and everything she said—it felt like I had heard it before. Like I was remembering something I shouldn't. It scared me, Lessi. I feel like I'm going insane."

Alessia took a deep breath, trying to stay calm for Y/N's sake. "Okay, Y/N, just breathe. Can you describe exactly what happened?"

Y/N recounted the evening, her voice trembling. "She said all these things, and it was like I knew them, but I couldn't remember why. It felt like my brain was jolting, trying to tell me something."

Alessia listened carefully, her mind racing. "Y/N, I'm coming over. We need to talk about this."

"Okay," Y/N whispered. "Please hurry."

As she hung up, Y/N sat down on the couch, hugging a pillow to her chest. The familiar words, the setting, the strange sensations—it all pointed to something deeper, something buried within her mind.

Meanwhile, Katie sat in her car, gripping the steering wheel tightly. She could feel her plan unraveling and knew she had to be more careful. The stakes were higher than she had anticipated, and Y/N's reaction had been a stark reminder of the fragile nature of her memories.

Katie's thoughts were interrupted by a text from Cara.

Cara💕
Any progress?

Katie hesitated before replying,

Katie
Yes, but it's complicated. I need to be more careful.

Her cousin's response was immediate.

Cara💕
Just remember why we're doing this. Stay focused.

Katie took a deep breath, her determination hardening. She couldn't afford to lose Y/N now. She would have to find another way to ensure Y/N stayed with her, no matter what it took.

Back at her apartment, Y/N waited anxiously for Alessia, her mind swirling with confusion and fear. The sense of déjà vu was overwhelming, and she couldn't shake the feeling that there was something vital she needed to remember.

As she stared out the window, watching the night sky, Y/N whispered to herself,

"What's happening to me?"