Past.

Listen to If we have each other by Alec Benjamin for this chapter.

Y/n's POV:

I thank the Uber driver,as I get off the car and walk to Jake's large gates. I ring the intercom buzzer,as I hear a familiar elegant voice speak threw it. "Hello?" Ms. Ari,Jake's mother speaks, "Hello Ms. Ari! It's me,Y/n. Jake invited me over to visit." I speak into the intercom. "Oh! Of course!" She says cheerfully,as the gates open, "Come inside dear." She says,before the intercom turns silent.

I walk into the yard,and I'm greeted by Ms. Ari with open hands. She hugs me,giggling in excitement, "Oh,I haven't seen you for a while now. Jake does not stop yapping about you." My eyes widen in shock, 'Wow,he seems to talk about me quite the amount! How cute of him.' I think,processing his mother's words,before I smile at her,which she returns. "I'm sure he does." I say,trying not to sound flattered.

I walk into the house,and I can't help but admire its beauty all over again. I turn to Ms. Ari once I hear her speak again. "Would you like me to show you to Jake's room?" She asks,still giving me her angelic smile. I shake my head, "No need. I know where it is,Ms. Ari. But I must thank you." I say bowing at her. "No need sweetheart. Now,off you go!" She says, "He must be waiting for your arrival." I nod,walking up the stairs.

"Yunnie!!" I say with open arms,as I walk into his room,and to his direction. He smiles at the nickname I gave him. "Hey love. You're early!" He beams,hugging me and plants a soft kiss on my cheek then my nose and finally,leaving a kiss on my lips.

"I missed you~" he pouts,playing with my hair. I laugh, "Mhh I wonder why,'cause ironically,I thought I saw you yesterday at school?" I pretend to think hard,as he pouts even more. "That's not enough." He says,groaning playfully,which makes me giggle. "Alright then. What to do?" I ask. He shrugs,not knowing what to do. "I don't know actually."

Jake's POV:

"Jake?" I hear Y/n say. I hum in response, "How come I've never heard you talk about your father!" She says and I tense at her questions.

We are now sitting at my backyard,staring at the sunset. We've been having so much fun the whole day. We've been playing video games,watching movies,playing boardgames and even playing hide and seek! When it started getting late,I asked her if we could watch the sunset together,as it's something I enjoy doing.

I nervously gulped,and felt myself perspiring at her sudden question. 'Wow,she surely knows how to strike a nerve.' I think to myself. As if she notices,she turns to look up at me in worry, "Babe,are you alright?" She asks me,eyes furrowed in concern. I fake a smile and nod, "Y-yeah! Um...I errr..." I clear my throat,as her eyes furrow even more. "Yeah yeah. I'm fine love." I give her a reassuring smile. She stares at me for a while,before turning back to the sunset.

My mouth slowly opens and closes,hesitating to answer her question. I sigh as I removed that time I heard of her parents. 'I know her past,it's only fair if she knows mine...' I release a breath,I didn't realise I was holding,before opening my mouth to speak.

Y/n's POV:

"My father...he left,I was a little kid." He says. I gasp in shock, 'I-I...I had thought,his father died or his parents divorced or,or,or something like that...but not this,anything else but this! What a unthoughtful bastard! Why I oughtta-!' My thoughts are cut off by Jake,continuing on with the story of his past.

"Growing up,we didn't have much,but we were still happy. Our parents loved us to the moon and back,they never let us feel neglected...ever. But when my dad lost his job,he turned to alcohol and spent all our college fees on it. Soon after,he started throwing curse words at us,and curse words slowly turned into hards slaps,and those...well,let's just say;she's at a better place now." He nods,clearly holding back some tears yet still smiling sadly.

My eyes furrow in confusion, "Hold on,what do you mean..." My words trail off as he nods, "Who? Aunt Ari? Yeah,she's not my real mother. She was my mother's bestest friend,they were almost like sisters! Completely inseparable. After my mother died,she took me in and took very good care of me. I started referring to her as my mother. She never complained though 'cause she took me as a son as well. I miss her,I really do! I hate the thing who called himself a father. I wish wherever he is... he's-" I cut him off by looking at him with shock visible in my eyes.

He looks at me as his eyes slowly soften at my worry for him. He slowly looks away,clearly still livid, "Don't look at me that way. It makes me feel stuff,I didn't know I could feel." He says,blushing excessively. And that's how I started feeling things people! I clear my throat,as we sit in silence for a good few minutes.

"I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. I would have probably killed myself by now. You and your sister are really brave for that. I wonder where your father is now..." I stare into the distance,thinking out aloud. "Don't know and surely don't care!" He shrugs and laughs,trying to lighten up the mood. I laugh at his attempt,as we both sit and admire the stars slowly forming onto the darkening sky.

~★~

I plop myself on my bed and replay today's events. "What an exciting yet saddening day..." I sigh,lazily getting up and dragging my feet on the way to my bathroom.

As I lay in bed,I think about Jake and Ju-Kyung. 'They've went through more shit than I have in my whole lifespan! And yet he still manages to outsmart the smartest and out brilliant the most brilliant. Unbelie...' My train of thought is cut short,when my eyes open and close lazily.

{A/N}

Hellooooo Parkies!! Izzie in the building!!💗✨How are you guysss!! I'm soooo happy coz I js got 6 A's in my report!!

Anywho,before I go I'm gonna go ask you biyatches to stream Chk Chk Boom by SKZ, XO by ENHYPEN and Who by JIMIN. Trust me,these songs are bomb,y'all gonna love 'em! Bye byee~🤭💞✨

Plz:
•Follow✅
•Like🖤
•Vote.❌

(⁠*⁠^⁠3⁠^⁠)⁠/⁠~⁠♡