Crushed.

As they took themselves upstairs so they could finally talk everything over, Mia placed herself on the edge of the bed, her hands slightly trembling. charlotte noticed and placed hers gently over Mia's to calm her, Mia looked up at charlotte "it's okay Mia, i promise. I just want you to tell me what happened" Mia nodded in response.

She took a deep breath. Mia began to recount the traumatic event in detail. She talked about the horror, the violation and the overwhelming guilt that was eating her alive even though she knew it wasn't her fault. Charlotte listened intently, offering nods of encouragement, never interrupting. She kept pausing as the images flashed through her mind, charlotte reassured her every time.

Mia's voice wavered as she continued, "I just don't understand why it happened to me. I keep replaying it in my mind, trying to find something I could have done differently." Tears welled up in her eyes, and she struggled to keep them from falling.

Charlotte squeezed Mia's hands gently, her eyes filled with empathy. "Mia, none of this is your fault. You didn't do anything to deserve this. Sometimes, terrible things happen to good people, and it's not fair, but you can't blame yourself."

Mia let out a shaky breath, feeling a small sense of relief from Charlotte's words. "Thank you, sweetheart. I don't know what I would do without you."Charlotte smiled softly, "We'll get through this together, Amelia. You're not alone in this."

Mia wiped away a tear, feeling a mix of exhaustion and relief. "I want to believe that, Charlotte. I really do. But it's so hard to let go of the guilt."

Charlotte nodded, understanding the weight of Mia's feelings. "I know it's not easy. Healing takes time, and it's okay to feel what you're feeling. But remember, you have people who care about you and want to help you through this."

Mia's eyes met Charlotte's, and she managed a small, grateful smile. "I don't know what i did to deserve someone like you, I love you, sweetheart."

Charlotte smiled back, "I love you too, we're in this together, Mia. One step at a time."

Mia took a deep breath, feeling a bit more grounded. "I guess the first step is just talking about it, right? It feels like a weight has been lifted, even if just a little."

Charlotte nodded, "Exactly. And every time you talk about it, that weight will get lighter. You don't have to carry it alone."

Mia squeezed Charlotte's hand, drawing strength from her girlfriend's unwavering support. "Thank you, Char."

Charlotte smiled warmly, "Now, how about we take a break and do something to take your mind off things for a while? We could go for a walk?"

Mia didn't respond and stopped smiling for a second and looked at Charlotte, there was one question that kept circling her mind and she needed an answer.

"Were you really going to leave?"

———————

sorry guys i know it's short and it's been a while but now im trying to write regularly again