Vulnerable.

Mia woke up with a gasp, her body drenched in cold sweat. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she struggled to catch her breath. The memories of the dream clung to her mind, blurring the lines between reality and nightmare. She could still hear the voice calling her name, over and over again.

"Mia...Amelia..?" the voice echoed in her head.

She sat up, her eyes wide with panic. Her hands trembled as she tried to make sense of her surroundings. It was only when she felt a gentle hand stroking her hair that she realized she wasn't alone. Charlotte was sitting beside her, her face filled with concern.

"Mia, it's okay. You're safe" Charlotte whispered, trying to calm her down.

But Mia couldn't find her voice. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Her mind was a whirlwind of fear and confusion. She could still feel the terror of the dream, the sensation that it was real.

Charlotte continued to stroke her hair, her touch soothing. "It's just a dream, Mia. You're okay."

Slowly, Mia's breathing began to steady. She blinked, trying to clear the fog from her mind. It took a moment, but eventually, she realized where she was. She was safe. She was with Charlotte.

"How many of these have you had?" Charlotte asked softly, her voice filled with worry.

Mia couldn't hold back the tears any longer. She collapsed into Charlotte's arms, her body shaking with sobs. Charlotte held her close, whispering comforting words as Mia cried, releasing all the fear and anxiety that had built up inside her.

As Mia's sobs subsided, she felt a sense of exhaustion wash over her. The panic had drained her, leaving her feeling weak and vulnerable. Charlotte didn't let go, though. She continued to hold Mia, her presence a comforting support in the storm of emotions.

"Thank you, baby" Mia whispered, her voice barely audible.

Charlotte pulled back just enough to look into Mia's eyes. "You don't have to thank me. I'm here for you, always."

Mia nodded, feeling a small sense of relief. She knew that no matter how terrified she was, she wasn't alone. Charlotte would be there to help her through it, no matter what.

Charlotte gently guided Mia to lay back down. They nestled close, their bodies fitting together perfectly. Charlotte wrapped her arms around Mia, pulling her into a comforting embrace. She began to stroke Mia's hand, her touch soft and soothing.

Mia closed her eyes, focusing on the gentle rhythm of Charlotte's strokes. The fear and panic slowly pulled away, replaced by a sense of safety and warmth. She felt herself drifting, the exhaustion pulling her back into sleep.

With Charlotte's comforting presence beside her, Mia finally felt at peace. She knew that as long as Charlotte was there, she could face anything.

They both went to sleep ready to face the nursery tomorrow, together.

In the quiet of the night,
Two souls find their light.
Hand in hand, heart to heart,
Never more to be apart.