14

Warning

Anxiety, PTSD of what happened to Cole in SOG. Oh, hey mentions of death. Basically, Cole just isn't having a good time. Also I speed ran this one as I'm going crazy about to be at the climax. Hehe.
_________________________________

The gargoyle looks up at the sky littered with mystic. Zane turns his emotions off and grabs the pot. 

“We should leave, the chances of a mystic coming to take us is at a 90%” Cole kept watching, his eyes locked on the darkness, as his stomach played the memory of a few days ago. 

The tight pain, pain that has you scratching the floor, trying to get away from the stone coming up from your legs. Encasing you in the very thing you move with your powers, turning it all against you and all you can do is wait, crying as you feel your organs stop working. Your heart pauses and your lungs stop ballooning as it spreads, you didn't die, but it might as well have, because one bad slip can cause you to break. 

A portal opens and Cole's eyes finally unlock and he immediately looks at blood pooling in the portal. 

“Jay?” Nya went sprinting past, carrying Jay and Cole watches Zane go with them. Cole followed, walking, then stopped as a light tug of his hood tugs him. It then put itself on him. 

“Scared of Oni, and heights. Kinda funny to become something that stays high on buildings, maybe falling if you're not careful, just like how you failed to climb that ladder.” Cole looked at its black face and markings similar to-He shuddered and his tail thrashed. 

“GET OFF ME!” 

“Gargoyles are known to ward off evil spirits, but you aren't capable of such feats. Just like how you fail to meet your mom's legacy and your dad's expectations.” Cole looked at it morphing to show tendrils of black smoke. His eyes turn red as the sight of the Oni carrying their staff and black tentacles wrap themselves around him, and go straight down his throat, burning his mouth and nose as his eyes begin to water. 

“Hello, again. Earth Elemental.” His eyes shake as the dark figure curls itself around him. 

“Oh, you are a fun one… .nobody ever sees you break, until-.” 

*Crack* 

*Thud* 

His limbs twitch and fall as the spirit tore his arm off. 

“Wanna be my toy, we require the elementals that can aid us in our mission.” Cole shook his head. 

“My friends, they will save me-*Crack* Please, let me go!” He screamed, his face glowing and not sending the Oni to stone. 

“The leader… .but easily broken, you even got replaced by a child.” It then got closer to his ear. 

“Kai's fires will fade and will turn to damnation justice. Jay's smile will be replaced with a snarl, Lloyd's loyalties and duties will be swirled into a taste of dissertation, and Zane, well, eventually someone will break him again, which will lead you to be the only one left.” Cole shook his head. 

“Trust me, I'm an ancient being who only turns to those who need a lesson, plus becoming the beast isn't hard, especially if all the pieces are there.” Cole looks at the beings turning back into the spirit. 

“No, you were planning on stealing human bodies!” 

“You got that wrong, the legendary human power source is mighty powerful, makes copies of people, which will replace you and all your friends and all the people of Ninjago, once you fully become a beast.” It's cat-like face gleams and Cole falls to the floor.