16

We're getting closer to the climax I think and man this chapter actually gave me a slight panic attack at a certain Jay scene. But hey, villains need to do villain things. Hehe.

Warning- Panic attacks and Jay isn't having a good time.

________________________

Zane prepared a pot as Nya looked down at Jay, napping back in his human form. His head shook back and forth and he whined in distress. 

“I can't sense any physical reason.” Pixel frowns and Nya sighs. 

“HEY WE'RE BACK!” Nya stands up and Kai immediately hugs her and Cole sees Zane eye him. 

“Yeah, so apparently I can shed stone.” Cole shrugged and Zane begins to write that down in his system. 

“Seems like your skin is more like a gemstone or glass.” Pixel noted as Cole feels her grab at his skin. He leers and then glances at Jay sleeping away. He watches him curl and growl in his sleep. 

“So are we gonna put all these power sources together now?” Kai asks as he grabs the earthy Gargoyle power source out of Cole's bag. 

“Technically, we are not sure what it will do, but I don't see any reason it could possibly cause negative effects.” Pixel states and Kai nods taking the power source to another room. 

“Jay?” The gargoyle walks up to his friend and sits down next to him. Nya watched Zane leave with Kai and Pixel. 

“What happened to Jay?” Cole asked and Nya sat down in the torn chair. Her blue eyes going to Jay's distressed form. 

________________________________

The sun burned his green scales. 

“Is this really the realm you and others were stuck in?” Lloyd groaned as he flapped his wings more. 

“Yes, now don't worry nephew, we are close to the nest, there we will talk to Firstbourne and get the power source from her.” Lloyd grunted. 

“Can we take a break?” Wu looked at the dragon, seeing his green eyes and body beginning to sweat. 

“Alright, but we will continue to walk.” Lloyd groans with a huff of smoke. 

“Lloyd, you and I know evil doesn't rest.” Lloyd starts heading down. 

“I know, but it hurts after flying this long.” Wu frowned as they land, and he hops off. Lloyd hissed as he folded his wings. 

“Why couldn't I just heal at the Monastery?” 

“Or stay there and let you come here?” Wu shook his head. 

“I can talk to Firstbourne, but I can't understand her roars all too well, and this Lloyd, we need a deeper conversation to get this.” Lloyd tilts his head. 

“I don't understand, I thought you could understand her.” 

“I can, but it's like talking to an animal, you get the gesture, not the words, you see what I mean?” Lloyd stepped forward. 

“Sorta, but I can talk, so I'm wondering if that's normal now.” He squinted and Wu smiled. 

“Not often can a dragon talk, but in you're case, you are part dragon and human, yours is not normal.” Lloyd stares at him. 

“Well, that's obvious, normally I can walk on two legs, can't fly, and… .you know, come inside, eat with the others, train with Kai, play videgames with Jay, talk to Cole, maybe test out some of Nya's new mechs with Zane.”