━━ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘪𝘪.

━━━     ★ CHAPTER SEVEN

━━━ ★ CHAPTER SEVEN

"I'm really busy," Scaramouche sighs into the phone before pulling it away from his ear and hitting the speaker button

"I'm really busy," Scaramouche sighs into the phone before pulling it away from his ear and hitting the speaker button. He sets the device on the table as he opens the fridge. "I've got finals in two weeks."

"Aw, are you hearing this, Itto? He won't make time for us," Gorou says and Scaramouche hears some muffled chatter before another voice filters through the line.

"Just one weekend!"

Scaramouche rolls his eyes, pulling out a package of chicken breasts he bought earlier that day. Does he know how to cook them? No. But YouTube exists for a reason, right?

"I already said no, Itto," Scaramouche replies, retrieving a knife and carefully slicing the plastic packaging open. "I can visit the weekend after, okay?"

Scaramouche feels like he's talking to two middle schoolers instead of two friends from home. That's not to say that they're immature, although Itto does occasionally make it feel that way; they're simply clingy by nature and have grown even clingier since the start of college. Gorou decided to continue his studies back in Inazuma and for convenience, he'd moved in with Itto-meaning that they were now able to influence one another's clinginess.

Itto was the son of one of Scaramouche's mother's close friends. They hung out a lot more when they were younger during Scaraomuche's visits to Inazuma and Itto's visits to Liyue. It was through him that Gorou and Itto met and so, naturally, the two of them felt that there was something lacking without him. However, in Scaramouche's eyes-while he doesn't doubt that they miss him-he thinks it's more a matter of them being nervous to be alone with one another.

He thought that would change after they moved in together, but..

"Okay then we'll come visit you," Gorou says and Scaramouche snorts. "Hey, what's with that noise? We can do it! Our classes end a week earlier than yours."