━━ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪.

━━━     ★ CHAPTER EIGHT

Finals are stressful to put it shortly

Finals are stressful to put it shortly. They keep Scaramouche up late at night and push him to wake up early in the morning. Sleep averagely lasts three hours for him, four if he’s lucky, and meals have become scarce.

To be painfully honest, the only reason he’s even alive and functioning is really because of Childe.

Childe has temporarily spared him from his nightly escapades. In fact, ever since Scaramouche met Kaeya, Childe hasn’t brought anyone over. Not even a friend. This could imply that he was right and Childe is, in fact, in a relationship, but Kazuha is not a liar.

There’s also something else inside of Scara that pushes him to believe that maybe, for once, he’s wrong. Some would call it hope, Scaramouche calls it.. a logical speculation.

Childe has also been cooking more often. The leftovers get put in the fridge and a sticky note is usually left for Scaramouche saying something along the lines of ‘I accidentally made extra, eat it or else it’ll go bad and I’ll have to throw it out’. If it’s not homemade food, then it’s take-out, but either way, there’s always something waiting for Scaramouche in the fridge and for the sake of not wasting food, he eats.

After two weeks of just barely getting by, the torture comes to an end.

“Finally,” Kazuha sighs, tossing his arms over Scaramouche’s shoulders when he escapes his exam hall. They’d taken their last exams in different rooms, but the time slots had matched up, so Scaramouche had offered to come pick him up once he was done. “I feel so relieved. The weight is off my shoulders!”

“Yeah and onto mine,” Scaramouche says, shrugging the slightly taller male off of him. “I can’t believe Gorou and Itto decided to book their tickets for tomorrow.”

“I’m surprised they didn’t book them for this evening,” Kazuha snorts, stretching his arms over his head and taking his place beside Scaramouche instead of on him. “So, what now? Gonna go back home to your loving house husband?