Hello New Family

The next day my sister and I woke up and put on our black outfits and climbed into our aunts and uncles old, rickety truck. Our aunt and uncle were now our official parent gaurdians because we have no one else.

At the funeral my sister gave a speech. It was so beautiful, it touched my heart. Its my turn I swallow hard as I walk up to the stand, my speech grasped in my shaking sweaty hand. I stand on the little step stool. I open my mouth but I can't seem to speak my words were choked in my throat by the tears filling my eyes, I hug my sides and run.

I run and run as far as my legs will take me until I collapse to my knees at a grave statue unable to run any further trying to catch my breathe I bury my face in my arms against the grave and just cry for what seems like forever. Till I feel a hand touch my shoulder ever so lightly.

I look up meeting my aunts sweet eyes, she forces a smile with tears starting to fill her eyes and she opens her arms welcoming me into a warm, comforting hug. I get up slowly and cry in her warming hug. She looks down at me and says "you don't have to give a speech if you don't want to, I know its hard." The last few words she said she could barely choke out, I look up at her and nod.

Before they close the casket, ready to pkace it into the ground I place the unread speech under my moms lifeless hands and smile looking at her beautiful, fragile, pale and fraile body with my eyes full of tears. I nod to the men around the casket and turn to meet my new family, aunt Tressa, uncle Sam, my sister Kara, nad me Tiffany.

************************************************************
Plz comment, I'm curious to hear what you thought of this chapter and I'm curious if you have any ideas to help me.