chapter 16: play on playa.

february.
bey.

"We're just having fun."

"But she's sending you flowers to your house. You don't even like flowers, and what if Samora was here?"

I held the roses up to my nose, completely delusional. She was right. I hated roses. I hated flowers altogether, but there was something about them being sent to me with truffles to accompany them. Or maybe it had become the tradition for us. It felt like whenever my feelings were hurt and I was feeling down, I would walk into my office or her home an roses would be waiting on me. There was one time when I was too angry with her to speak to her, she had Jaden deliver them to me.

Fun was fun, and this fun was romantic. Something that Samora and I had been missing in our marriage for as long as I could remember. But that was no excuse for my infidelity. We used everything at our disposal to spice up our marriage, and we still were. We went out on dates as much as we possibly could, he brought home presents because I hated flowers, and we even included toys into our bedroom. He hadn't failed. There was just something wrong with me. I felt like I needed adventure, fun, romance.

I went into our dining room and removed the dying sunflowers from the vase that sat in the middle of our table. They dripped all the way to the trash until I dumped them and I headed back to our table, sitting the roses inside. I took the truffles back into the living room and sat next to Kelly, opening the golden box and offering the truffles to her.

Despite her trying to scold me, she took one and ate it. She didn't even chew. She looked at my eyes and reached over to take the golden box out of my hands.

"I was going to eat those Kelendria."

"I'll give you one. Plus with the amount she's sent you, I'm sure you have more. I'm more than sure that if you asked, she'd buy you the damn company."

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help smiling. I couldn't say she was wrong because she was right. Oni always took it too far. That's why I didn't ask her for anything unless I wanted a heap of it.

"I was watching y'all at Orange the other day and it made me think I shouldn't have given you the okay."

"You did not give me the okay."

"Yes I did. You called me in the middle of my nap to ask for my blessing to cheat."

"I was headed to her office to talk anyway. You didn't give me the okay."

"You weren't headed there, you liar, because I was the one that told you she was even in her office."

"Kelly..."

"Exactly. You're arguing semantics when you know that's not the point. I don't care about that shit. You can't analyze this data."

I chuckled, "What do you want me to do? We're having fun."

"Y'all like each other a hell of a lot for some fun. So much fun that she had you following her all around the city because she wouldn't talk to you."

"You gon' keep bringing that up?"

"I am, because when do you act like that? You were acting like a madwoman, chasing that lady."

"You introduced her to me Kelly. 'Cause you wanna be friends with new bitches. It's your fault."

"Right, I made you take your clothes off and get ate up by a girl."

"Alright Kelendria."

"Which reminds me to ask, are the rumors true? Do women do it better?"

"Do what better?"

"Eat pussy, fuck."

"Oooh I should wash your mouth out with soap."

"Stop avoiding the question Bey. She fuck better than Mora?"

"I'm not answering that."

"You just did. I see why you act the way you do. She's fucking you better than your husband and buying you shit that she, as your financial advisor, told you that you weren't allowed to buy. You went from spending too much money on your own dime to being a shopaholic on hers."

"Oh y'all have been talking about me huh?"

"You spend too much money. She's paying a whole 'nother bill messing with you."

"That's on her. She pursued me."

"I heard she sent you to Cabo."

"She paid for my trip. I was having a bad week."

"And you told Samora you were where?"

"Work trip. I didn't lie."

"I would love to know how you convinced yourself that you didn't lie."

"I didn't. It was work related. I needed a break from work, she told me to pick a place and I did. I didn't lie."

"Still a lie babe."

I knew I was wrong, but I was too deep now, and it was harmless fun. Oni was introducing me to things that I wasn't used to, showing me parts of the world I had never seen, opening me up to experiences I would never have experienced. She was sweet and patient with me, and although she liked to bicker, I knew it was fun. It seemed like an aphrodisiac for us, being able to argue back and forth and make up in other ways not even minutes later. Being with her felt like I was with a high school sweetheart... just with money.

"I'm spending less time with her though."

"Yes because you can't spend every single day with your mistress Beyoncé. I think you forgot that."

"Time just flies by us sometimes."

"Oh I know. I don't see how Samora hasn't caught you yet. You better stop before he gets wise."

"I know."

I felt like I couldn't stay away from this woman. I felt mad. I would sometimes be running errands and find myself in route to her home, somehow unable to tear myself from her. She welcomed me to her home whenever I showed up at her doorstep, never once asking me where I was supposed to be. When I felt overwhelmed, I was wherever she was. She made me feel calm, like I could relax, be myself, and be pampered for doing so. She just wanted me to be me, the way she looked at me so pure.

I never felt judged when I was with her, never felt belittled because I hadn't experienced the things she had. She was just happy to be by my side while I became exposed to her every day life for the first time in mine.

"You don't plan on stopping huh?"

"I do," I defended, "Whenever I get around to it."

"Whenever you get around to it," She couldn't help herself from laughing, "What could possibly be in the way of that?"

"We have a date. I'm going to see her when you leave actually. She's taking me shopping, for our date."

"Y'all are sick."

I grinned, "I'm going to be with Samora on Valentine's Day. I don't know who she'll be with, she won't say," I frowned.

"Don't be jealous."

"I'm not, I'm just saying."

"You are, 'cause nobody asked you about who she was gonna be with."

"I'm just saying Kelly."

If I was honest, I didn't want her to be with anybody, and I knew that was selfish. It was one-sided, but it didn't matter because I could feel however I wanted to, I was married. Oni never spoke on other women when she was with me, but I knew they were there, because I wasn't stupid. She was sexy and smooth and flirtatious. I knew she wouldn't dare be spending her Valentine's Day alone. And when I brought it up, she didn't exactly say no.

"Be careful Beyoncé. You're grown and you know what you're doing. Play on playa."

___