chap 5. lana

we all meet gale in the hospital to check up on her, but i can't handle seeing gale like this, anybody like this.

because..

because what if that's what i end up like, or worse dead?

i step out of the hospital room and take a walk to the vending machine, as my eyes fill with tears but i blink my tears away.

i'm standing at the vending machine waiting for the machine to push my snack out.

"whatcha getting?" a voice says from behind me and i jolt up, scared.

i swing my body around, its just ethan, its just this curly haired, brown eyed, nerd.

i look up at him and slam my hands on his chest, "what the fuck is wrong with you? you scared me." i snap at him.

his eyes widen, "woah- lacy, i was just joking around-" he says and i feel the tears start to swell up in my eyes.

"well it wasn't-" i say and my voice starts to crack, "it wasn't funny." i say as the tears start to run down my cheeks.

ethan's eyes soften and he puts his hand on my cheek and wipes the tears away, "lacy, lacy what's wrong." he says and i look up at him.

my eyes glossy, and my vision blurry from the tears swelling in my eyes.

"i'm scared ethan, i don't want to die, i don't want to get hurt, i don't want to get murdered by ghostface. i just want to be in my apartment cuddled up in a blanket, in my favorite hoodie, with fuzzy socks on watching some stupid chick flick while eating ben and jerry's." i say in between sobs.

"lacy look at me, okay." ethan says and i blink away the tears and look up at him.

"i'm not going to let you get hurt i promise, im going to protect you with all of my being. and after all of this is done you can be in your apartment cuddled up in a blanket, in your favorite hoodie, wearing fuzzy socks, watching some stupid chick flick while eating some ben and jerry's ice cream." ethan says as he puts his hand on my hair and runs his fingers through it.

"promise..?" i say and he nods, "i promise." he says and before i can think my body reacts and i wrap my arms around him, my head on his chest and im hugging him.

but he immediately reacts, his arms wrap around my waist, one rubbing my back and one resting on my waist.

"im so sorry for being so mean to you ethan.. i just- i don't know why i did it- i think i was just- i was just putting up a wall, because i knew my heart longed for you and i didn't want to get it broken." i say.

"it's okay lana.." he mumbles, "no it's not.." i say and i pull away.

"what if i die tonight-" i say and ethan interrupts me, "lana enough with the what ifs-" he says and i shake my head.

"no, no what if i die tonight and i had never gotten the chance to tell you, what if you went on living thinking i truly hated you with every bone in my body. what if-" i say before im interrupted with ethan's lips on mine.

my hands wrap around his neck and his are around my waist.

he pulls away, "i said enough with the what ifs." he mutters under his breath as he stares at me.

his pretty brown eyes, staring right into mine.

"o-oh-" i say, my heart is pounding out of my chest and i can practically hear how heavy i'm breathing.

he looks down at my lips and back up at me again, "you don't even begin to comprehend how badly i've wanted to do that." he says.

"really-?" i mutter and he nods, "we should probably get back before they are wondering where we are. okay?" ethan says and i nod in agreement.

we start to walk back but before we go through the door ethan peeks to make sure nobody is near and he puts his hand on my neck and kisses me again.

i kiss him back and then we hear the door open and we pull away quickly, "oh my bad guys- we are leaving soon and chad wants a water." mindy says peeking her head out, i nod and mindy goes back in and closes the door.

i look at ethan and laugh a little and he looks me up and down and gives me a half smile.

and as soon as he does i feel like i'm floating.