chap 7. lana

as i watch the mask drop my breath gets taken away.

my chest is bound so tight it feels like i can't breath.

and my heart feels like it's shattering in pieces.

the voice of him saying, 'i'm not going to let you get hurt i promise' and 'never let anything bad happen to you. okay? everything's okay, you're safe. i promise'

he promised.

and he lied.

tears start to pour down my face.

"you promised! you fucking lied to me!" i scream, my voice cracking.

"and my names not ethan landry, is it dad." ethan adds with a smile.

"la-lana calm down-" tara whispers in my ear.

i clench my side as the more i cry the more pain im in.

"and last but not least." sheriff barry says, or may i say the leader of the ghost faces.

we all watch as the last ghost face takes off their mask, orange hair pouring from the hood.

it's quinn.

"wait but you-" sam says and quinn laughs, "died i know. it was a good way to get off the suspect list." quinn adds.

"i made sure i was first to the scene to replace the body with a fresh one." mr barry says.

"mindy was right, having a cop dad was a great cover." quinn says.

"why- why are you doing this?" tara asks, and ethan walks up to us, pointing his knife towards us.

"because our brother died by the hands of your bitch sister." he says, im glaring at him, tears streaming down my cheeks.

ethan glances at me and a flicker of empathy passes his face before going back to angry.

he walks over to me, and puts his hand on my cheek, "you sweet dumb thing-" he says and i grab his wrist and pull it off me.

"don't touch me." i snap.

his eyebrows furrow towards me and he glares at me, "id watch your tone sweetheart." he says before quinn comes from behind us.

she slices my arm and i wince in pain, "fuck-" i groan and tara grabs me and pulls me close to her.

my heart is pounding and it's like the world has been flipped upside down.

ethan, he finally got through to me, he finally broke my wall down just to be ghost face, i knew i should have just kept it up.

"i think it's time we finish his movie shall we?" mr barry says.

"wait- are you richie's family-" sam says as she stands up straight.

"obviously dumb bitch." quinn says and sam glances at tara and smiles.

"well, you should know your son was just a little pussy who made his girlfriend do all of his killing for him." sam says with a smile on her face.

"you liar!" ethan snaps at her.

"nope, he was a little pussy so i stabbed him, and killed him." sam adds which pisses quinn off and makes her slice her arm.

so sam knocks her into a glass container and she falls over.

"run!" tara yells as she lets go of my arm.

i hold my side as i try to run as fast as possible.

we climb on top of this metal thing, sam and tara and me are both on there.