06

It's been two days since you first saw the mysterious pink guy.

Suddenly now he seemed to be everywhere. Every time you arrive at the school gates you'd see him. Every time you'd walk to the vending machines you'd see him. You'd even see him on your way to the bathroom!

You continued to see him walking down the halls and you wondered if only now that you were aware of his existence were you able to notice him more often.

Ever since your encounter with him you've been feeling odd, like seeing him reawakened a memory deep inside your brain. You tried to hide how you were feeling, but Miyamura noticed, you know he did.

It was obvious that something was on your mind by how often you spaced out, staring out into the hallway as if you were looking for something.

Or someone.

You tapped your nails against the desk, trying to focus on the teacher when your eyes caught movement outside your class. A mop of pink hair fluttered down the hall and you had to resist the urge to gasp. Him again!

Would it be weird if you left class to follow him? Surely class had to be over soon, the teacher had been talking for what felt like hours! But what would you even say to him? Tell him to popping up everywhere? It's not like he was following you, if anything he could argue that you were the one following him!

As creepy as it was, you don't think he was stalking you. Every time you looked at him he never met your eyes. His gaze was always focused elsewhere. You don't even think he's noticed you staring.

You're snapped out of your thoughts when someone tapped you on your shoulder. Miyamura is standing behind you looking concerned. "Hey, do you feel okay?"

A quick look around the class told you that class was in fact over. The students that remained were packing their bags and the teacher had already left for lunch.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Sorry, I didn't sleep that much last night." You make up an excuse that Miyamura would hopefully accept.

His face was enough to tell you he didn't, but he didn't comment on it. If you had something you wanted to tell him he wouldn't pressure you into saying it.

"Come on, everyone's left already. Yoshikawa wanted to eat somewhere else." He held out his hand for you to take and you felt your heart flutter at the gesture.

You placed your hand in his and he gently pulled you up. In that moment as he led you out of class you felt your mind go blank. No thoughts of mysterious pink guy, no thoughts of mysterious old friend— nothing.

Just the warm feeling of his hand holding yours.

Lunch was almost enough to distract you.

Keyword: almost.

Yoshikawa had decided that she needed a change in scenery for lunch. The weather was nice so when she suggested everyone eat outside no one was against the idea.