Introduction, Birthday, Thoughts

Klaus and Elijah were waking Rebekah today. Lyra had sent them alone and hoped that they wouldn't kill each other along the way. Lyra was excited to meet the only female original, hopefully Rebekah would like her.  

Lyra was spending her day planning. Teddy's first birthday was coming up and Jenna was helping her plan. Lyra had never had a party before so she wasn't sure what all was needed but she would make sure her son was celebrated to the fullest. Most of the party items could be purchased around town but the gift she was planning had to be picked up in New Yorks magical district. 

Jenna was talking with Bipsy about the cake and how they should set up. Lyra was letting Jenna and Bipsy take the lead, she had to plan the guest list but luckily it wasn't a hard task. The only request Lyra had about the cake was for it to be chocolate. Bipsy said she could work with that.

~~~~~

Jenna had headed home about two hours ago and Lyra was just about to set Teddy down for his dinner. When she felt Elijah enter her wards, she scooped her boy up and headed to the door to greet him. They watched from the porch as Elijah parked, Teddy waved when he exited his car.

"Well, where's your sister" Lyra asked once he was nearer. 

Elijah smiled, taking Teddy when he reached for him, "Niklaus is bringing her. She needed to shower and get a new outfit. He daggered her in the twenties, not fashionable now" 

Lyra rolled her eyes, "I don't think I'll ever understand your brother" Elijah laughs. 

They walked back inside and sit at the table, Lyra began to feed Teddy so he wouldn't be off his schedule. She would wait to eat when the other two arrived. 

Luckily it didn't take long for them to arrive. Elijah went to greet his siblings so Lyra could finish feeding her son. Walking back into the room, he was about to introduce Rebekah when Teddy caught sight of the new person. Unfortunately, he scared Rebekah when his hair changed to match her own.

"How" she gasped.

Lyra stood, walking over to introduce herself "Hello Rebekah, I'm Lyra and this is my son Teddy. He's what's known as a metamorphagus, it's how he changed his hair" motioning to the table, "Would you like some dinner? I'll have Bipsy bring the drinks"

Rebekah sat next to Elijah, still in slight shock. She watched how her brother interacted with the child. Lyra walks back in with Klaus behind her, seems he has annoyed her already.

Everyone freezes when Teddy sees Klaus and squeals, "Bunny". Elijah and Lyra choke on their laughter. Klaus glares at them while Rebekah just looks lost. Teddy of course just stares Klaus down. 

"Wererabbit" Elijah coughs, then smiles at his brother. 

"You're not funny, even you" Klaus grumbles, pointing to Teddy who smiles back.

Rebekah is shocked at Klaus' reply, thinking he would have been mad. Not being able to hold it back, she asks, "What was that about"

Lyra laughs and then explains the bunny ears, she then adds while glaring at Klaus, "If he makes me mad, I'll add a tail to match"

Looking to her brother, Rebekah is shocked to see a smile. What in the world was going on here.

Dinner turned out great. Lyra was really happy that she would be able to get to know Rebekah better. She had offered to help her acclimate to the current times. Rebekah was grateful for the offer, she didn't want to have to rely on her brothers. Of course, getting to spend time with the adorable little boy was definitely a plus in her book.