༶⁠ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟺 ༶⁠

I was checking on the patients when I heard commotion outside

I was checking on the patients when I heard commotion outside. A severely injured middle-aged man was lying on the stretcher in the pool of his own blood.

We rushed inside the OT making sure to come out only when we save him and fortunately it did happen. We were successful. I took the paper where his details were printed.

Name: Mr. Vikram Singh Rajput

Age: 54

Gender: Male

Family / Guardian: None

Why I don't know but his name seems familiar. Kuch ajeeb sa lag hana hai.

After shifting him in private ward, the nurses were expected to have an eye on his blood sugar level and BP.

After a few hours he gained his consciousness and the first thing he did was to smile too much Sweetly at me which made me a little uncomfortable but I shrugged it off smiling back at him.

His case was alloted to me. The way he was injured I am sure of one thing that he's hiding something. Either he was beaten up by someone or he was involved in any fight. And I think that fight wasn't something we normally come across with.

"Kya soch rahi ho beta?" I heard his sweet voice.

"Kuch nahi uncle." I replied to which he smiled softly & shook his head.

"Tumhe pata hai meri bhi ek beti thi bilkul turmhare jaisi. Aise hi expressions deti thi, aise hi meethe awaj mein baat karti thi. Usse bhi doctor banna tha. Lekin -." He stopped in the middle.

"Lekin kya Uncle?" I asked noticing his pained expressions.

"Lekin maine usse aur uski maa ko ek accident mein kho diya aur tabse main aisa hi hu. Galat raste par chalne laga." He said as his eyes welled up with tears.

I felt really bad for him and also the guilt of judging him took over me.

Within next few days, he was more like a father- figure to me rather than a patient. He used to share his experiences with me, he used to guide me and direct me about how one shouldn't commit the mistakes he had once in his life time. That's what good about our profession is. It present the opportunity to treat patient, take care of the them, be their support system and learn new things from them. That's what being a doctor is and the satisfaction we get much more precious then the materialistic things.

"Yeh kya andhera karke rakha hai? I thought as soon as I entered the mansion back.

Without thinking much, I started going upstairs only to be stumbled because of something.

I was about to fall backwards when a strong hand held mine. I looked at him. hoping he would pull me back but he left my hand resulting in me falling downstairs harshly.

I was shocked. He smirked before saying "Tumhe kya laga? Tumne jo mere behen ke saath kiya woh mai bhul jaunga? Bilkul galat socha tumne. Get ready for Revenge baby!" And he walked away without even having a glance behind.

I was badly hurt, physically as well as emotionally.

Not having the courage to face him, left towards the hospital.

Finding myself a secluded corner, I sat there not knowing how to console myself while tears rolled down my eyes.

I was crying my eyes out when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"Uncle Aap!" I said.

"Haan, Kya hua beta? Kyu ro rahi ho aap?" He asked caressing my head lovingly.

"Kuch nahi." I answered trying to control my tears.

"Mujhe apne papa jaisa maanti ho na, toh apne papa ko nahi bataogi kya hua?" He asked and that was the softest tone which I've heard since my marriage.

Not being able to control, I broke down in front of him and told him each and everything that happened with me.

"Tumne kitna kuch saha hai beta. Tum usse chhod kyu nahi deti? Usne tumhe itna dard diya hai. Jo mard apne biwi se aisa bartaav karta hai woh mard kehne ke laayak nahi hai." He said.

"Mai unhe nahi chhod sakti. Pyaar karti hu main unse. Maine unko kitni baar kaha hai ki maine yeh sab nahi kiya phir bhi wo baar baar mujhe blame karte hai. Unhe mujhpar vishwas kyu nahi hai?" I cried helplessly. I hate him.

"Chup ho jao beta. Dekho aise waqt par hume dil ki nahi dimaag ki sunni padti hai. Kuch din ke liye usse give the taste of his own medicine. Aur phir bhi agar nahi toh samajh jana ki wo such mein tumse pyaar nahi karta." He said and I sighed with sadness.

•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•

Rishi noticed the changes in her behaviour but he didn't say anything. She was in the bathroom when her phone pinged with notifications. Rishi thought to ignore them but curiosity took over him and what he read enraged him to no extent.

MSG: Kaisi ho tum Nakshatra beta? Uss insaan ne tumhe kuch kia toh nahi na? Bas thode hi dino ki baat hai ek baar humara plan successful ho jaye phir sab kuch sahi ho jayega.

"Nakshatra!" He yelled on the top of his voice.

She came out within seconds only to notice her cell in his hand while he was glaring at her.

"Kya hua?" She asked while he chuckled bitterly.

He literally threw that phone over her and she read the messages.

"That's not what you think." She defended herself.

"Tumhare karan maine kitna kuch khoya hai aur phir bhi tum yeh sab kar rahi ho mere pit piche. Pyaar karta tha main tumse lekin tumne har woh wajah cheen li jisse mai tumhe pyaar karu." He slapped her hard across her cheeks.

"Bas bohot hogaya aapka Rishi. Maine bohot koshish ki aapko samjhane ki par aap samjhna hi nahi chahte hai. You broke me Rishi. You broke everything that's between us by yourself and you're gonna regret it soon." She yelled grabbing his collar.

"Regret Mai nahi tum karogi." He said before clutching her wrist tightly and dragging her out of the mansion.

"Tumhe meri jindagi mein koi jagah nahi hai. Mujhe pachtava hai ki mai tumse mila, tumse mohabbat ki, tumse shaadi kari. I regret each and everything I did with you, for you. I regret having you as my wife Nakshatra!" He roared before shutting the door on her face.

She clutched her stomach and cried hysterically before going away from there. Only one person can help her now and that's her Vikram uncle.

I directly called him and he came here to pick me up without any delay.

"I knew yahi hone wala tha. Woh tumhare layak nahi hai beta. See how much he troubled you throughout. Tum chalo mere saath." He said and took me to his mansion.

Yes he's a mafia too but a good one. He told me how he entered in this trap after the death of his wife and his daughter. I pity him sometimes whenever he misses them!