Unveiling Realities

Pond's discharge from the hospital marked a new beginning in the alternate universe. Stepping into their home, he was greeted by familiar photographs lining the walls—a timeline of their shared journey from university days to their recent beach vacation. Memories flooded back, reminding Pond of their friendship and the depth of their bond.

He smiled as he remembered the beach getaway they had taken to celebrate their 5-year friendship anniversary in the real world—a serene moment etched in his mind, now echoed in photographs in this alternate reality.

Dunk was momentarily absent, but the sound of barking caught Pond's attention. Two fluffy balls of fur bounded towards him—Haruto, the Pomeranian, and Moro, the Samoyed. Pond couldn't help but smile as he remembered Haruto from their real world and realized how much Dunk's affection for dogs transcended realities.

Dunk appeared, his presence grounding Pond in the moment. But thoughts of Joong and Phuwin surfaced—were they part of this alternate universe too? Did they share a similar bond here? And how had he and Dunk crossed the line from friends to lovers in this reality?

Seeing Pond's confused expression, Dunk chuckled warmly, his laughter a familiar comfort. "Let me cook us something first," Dunk suggested, guiding Pond to the dining table.

Over dinner, Dunk broached the subject gently. "Do you have any questions about us? About anything?"

Pond hesitated, unsure how much to reveal. "I mean... how did we become... more than friends in this universe?"

Dunk's expression turned thoughtful. "Well, we've been best friends since university," he began, oblivious to Pond's broader question about the nature of their reality. After graduation, you took over your Pa's entertainment company," Dunk explained, referring to Win as Pond's father in this reality. "You've got a passion for dance, so you manage the company and indulge in dancing as a hobby. You even featured yourself in one of LYKN's music videos," Dunk added with a playful grin.

Pond chuckled, trying to imagine himself in a boyband's music video. "And what about you?"

Dunk's expression turned thoughtful. "I'm a voice actor and model under your company. You offered me the job right after graduation, before we even officially got together. I've been with the company ever since," Dunk explained, his eyes meeting Pond's with warmth and sincerity.

Pond nodded, processing the information. "It sounds... amazing," he murmured, a mix of awe and gratitude filling him. The familiarity of their roles in this universe reassured him, anchoring him in this new reality where their bond remained steadfast.

As they finished their meal, Pond felt a sense of calm settling over him. Despite the unanswered questions about Joong, Phuwin, and their intertwined destinies across realities, Pond knew one thing for certain—whatever challenges lay ahead, he and Dunk would face them together, just as they always had.