CHAPTER 1: The First Latte

Anne woke up from her deep slumber by her own alarm clock, letting her know it was time to get ready for work. Yuck. What made it even worse is that it was a Monday. The worst day of the week according to Anne. Practically the twin of Garfield. Anyways, that fact wasn't going to let her down.

Anne always was confident when starting new things but could be so easily crushed if it didn't work out. One second she is hyping herself up a little too much, another she is dreading all her life decisions in a corner listening to Mitski on repeat for exactly 5 hours and 15 minutes straight. ... Yes that happened once. Enough chatter though, she didn't want to be late to the best job.

She loved her job but also HATED waking up, especially early. Though she'd always cheer up by just thinking of the cute frogs and other amphibians she would see today. Always worked. She quickly put on her uniform, putting her hair into a ponytail, washing her face, all that good stuff.

Anne walked out, looking at herself in the mirror. She felt slightly insecure, already planning to go into the corner to cry her eyes out. [ No! Get yourself together, Anne! Sprig the cutest little frog ever is waiting for me! ]

She forced herself to look away from the mirror as she knew she was just going to get more insecure by the minute. [ It's alright. Let's turn this morning around.. with coffee! ]

Coffee always made mornings better. It was warm and the taste was even better. Like a comforting hug. It also made Anne super energized so she had plenty of energy for her job. What more could you want?

One problem though, she was out of coffee. None of the stores around her were opened yet so she couldn't buy more right now. [ Looks like I'll have to go to a café. Eh. Sounds fun. I haven't been to a café in a while so.. let's go to my favorite one! ]

She got in her car, excited to see her favorite café. It was a while since she visited but man that place always made her smile when she had no one else. The coffee was heavenly good like they straight up put magic in it. Sometimes Anne wondered if that's what they actually do.

After around 15 minutes of driving, she was there! Though it.. looked different? She got out of her car, super confused. The café had been here for years. They never changed the design.. or name. What is going on..

Anne quickly grabbed out her phone and tried researching about what happened. To her surprise.. [ THE CAFE GOT SHUT DOWN?! ]

She could felt defeat right then and there. Mondays ARE the worst.. She looked at the news one last time before putting her phone away. [ I wish the old one was here but.. I'll give this place a shot. The design is actually really nice. ]

She sighed but walked into the café. The bell hanging on the door rang as she entered the building, signaling the girl at the counter to wave. "Welcome to Khoyen Café! We hope you enjoy your stay!"

Anne's eyes were weirdly so drawn to the random girl. [ Knock it off! You are just here to get some coffee, not fall in love. ]

She walked up to the counter, staring into the girl's eyes.

The girl behind the counter froze, sweating nervously due to Anne's strong look. "U-Uhm.. M-May I help you?" Anne quickly blushed out of embarrassment when she realized she was just staring at this random girl's face that whole time! [ Oh shit! ]

"I'm so sorry I was staring at you like that! I promise it wasn't in a bad way. Anyways uh, I'd like a table please." The stranger giggled, wiping the sweat off of her forehead.

"No worries! I zone out all the time too. One table coming right up!"

The girl was super cheerful and happy. Anne missed seeing that customer service. She followed her until they reached her table.