CHAPTER 5: Missing You

Marcy woke up once again for another day. She couldn't wait for the weekend. Wednesdays weren't that bad though. She woke up tiredly, waiting for her vision to get to a normal state.

Finally, she grabbed her phone, glancing at her notifications before getting ready for work. But hold up.. Is it just me or.. IS IT AN HOUR PAST THE TIME SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO WAKE UP?!

[ FUCK! GODDAMNIT, I'M LATE AGAIN! ] Marcy had no time to check anything else on her phone and immediately zoomed out of bed, into her closet.

While muttering different curse words, she got ready in a rush, basically throwing things on. She sped out into the kitchen like she was getting chased by a bear.

Sasha was on the couch and noticed the girl zooming around, which the blonde responded to with a relieved but slightly panicked look.

"Geez! Finally! I heard your alarm go off like a million times so I went to go wake you up and you didn't respond at all. I thought you were dea-" She got cut off by a very panicked girl in the room. 

"I'm sorry, okay?? I had a rough time sleeping last night and now I need to leave before I'm more late. BYE SASH LOVE YOU!" She spat out before rushing out of the house, leaving Sasha faceplanting into her hand.

"Oh my frog.. That girl needs to get ahold of her gayness."

------

Anne woke up looking like an absolute mess. "Ugh." She said as she lifted her tired head up. "Geez.. what time is it?" She checked the time and same as Marcy, she was late.

"SHIT!" She ripped the blankets off and sped off to get ready. [ Come on, Anne! This isn't like you! ]

Anne panicked as she tried to change. Yes because of being late, but also the main fact why she was rushing as she was sort of scared of her boss. She didn't mean harm but naturally was stern and intimidating. No one likes angering a person like that.

She quickly changed into her work clothes and left her room as fast as she could. The girl ran to the door, about to twist the doorknob before thinking about Marcy. 

[ Oh man. I usually go to the café before work. Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not like she'll think I'm dead because I didn't go one day. ]

She twisted the doorknob, running out the door to get to work. This is gonna be hard to explain why she was late.

------

Marcy finally made it to work. She stood at the door for a moment, not even sure if she wanted to go in. She already had a couple warnings for being late meaning she could maybe get fired this time. 

She was so tempted to not walk in and just run back home as quickly as she could. Unfortunately for her, her boss saw her creepily outside and signaled her to come in. Damn it.

Marcy sighed before walking in, facing her boss. "There you are! Now if you wouldn't mind, can we chat?" She fiddled with her hands and quietly agreed. 

She pulled Marcy into the staff room in a corner where it was quiet and not crowded with other employees. 

She sighed while putting her hand to her face, then looked back at the clearly anxious girl. 

"Listen, Marcy. This is the second time you've came late these past couple months. That's not good. What made you late this time?"

Marcy fidgeted with her thumbs before anxiously looking back up at her. "It's.. not a good excuse.. I just accidently went to bed late because I got some bad sleep. But please. Don't fire me. This job is all I have right now."