Their last song - Duskwood x Moonvale

Carla
Hi Jake, how are you?
I know it's been a long time since we last talked, but I wanted to tell you
I have decided to play in public for the first time and I wanted you to be
It will be this Saturday at 7 p.m.
If you can't come because of your situation, I will understand
...
I hope my message has reached you well...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Jake had read the young woman's message several times. He had not responded since he did not know if he could be there that day given his situation. But to come out of hiding just once and hear her sing, he knew it was worth it.

    He felt overwhelmed seeing so many people, so he stayed at a table in the back away from the others.
    He touched his mask, hoping it hadn't come down a bit and exposed himself.
    He scanned everyone present, wanting to know if anyone made a strange movement wanting to go after him. And from that scan of faces, he managed to see her. Carla was different from what I had seen in her photo, with blonde hair and leaning on Phil's shoulder, in a flirtatious way, since when were them together? If he knew perfectly well that she hated him, perhaps something had changed while he was gone?
    They were talking animatedly with a boy with dark blonde hair whom he had never seen before. It seemed like his circle of friends had been growing.

    Someone came out on stage and announced Carla's name. The girl who looked like her cheered her name excitedly, as did the unknown boy.

   <<So she must be her twin sister.>> 

    He thought more relieved. It was too strange to see her with Phil. 

    Carla came out on stage, guitar in hand. Her blue eyes shone with the lights. Jake smiled when he saw her, she looked just like her photo.
    She sat on the stool and adjusted the guitar strings. She seemed a little nervous.

   "I'm sorry if I lose my voice, it's the first time I've performed for more people," she said through the microphone.

   "Don't worry, you can do it," someone from the audience encouraged her.

   "Thank you," she said in a soft voice, "I wrote this song thinking about a special boy for me... so I hope he likes it."

    The dark-haired young man let out a small laugh, covering himself better with his hood.

    The young woman with brown hair cleared her throat and began to play the guitar. It was a slow melody.

    She began to sing, at first, they could notice how her voice trembled a little, but as she progressed in the song, The more she lost her fear, feeling more comfortable with the music.

   "Meeting you was destiny," her voice had increased in the chorus, giving passion to the song. They could even see a slight smile, "so baby, let it be forever."

    Jake noticed that she seemed happy singing that song. He even noticed her self-confidence.

    He had found himself tapping on the table to the music and by the time she finished, he was the first to applaud.
    People accompanied him and she couldn't stop smiling. Everyone cheered her.
    But there was another thing that made him surprised.
    The boy he had seen sitting with his sister got up from his chair, going on stage. He placed his hands next to Carla's face and kissed her. 

   "Bravo Eric!" Carla's sister shouted.

   "Well done, man!" Phil also shouted.

    After the kiss, Carla hid her face with her hands, embarrassed. The one called Eric laughed and hugged her. 

    Amid applause and more words of encouragement, Jake stood up from the table, wanting to leave. He already knew that theirs was never going to work. He didn't insist when he returned. But he also didn't decide to stay to continue putting her in danger, even though she wanted him to at least stay as a friend. But he needed time. Time to forget her. That's why he chose space. 

    He stopped for a moment to look at her, she had already come off the stage and her sister and Phil were congratulating her. And Eric kissed her again, but this time on the forehead. She smiled shyly at him.
    Jake smiled when he saw her. At least he was glad she was happy.

   "I guess I was never part of her dream," Jake whispered.

    He had already assumed that because of the life he had, he was not going to be able to make her happy.
    Also, that he wouldn't be either, because how could a fugitive like him be able to make anyone happy? He returned to the mindset that it was better to be alone again.

    At the end of the day, he had to keep his feet on the ground and remind himself that there was no such thing as the destiny of being with a person, only the work of keeping a couple together.

   "Be happy for both of us, Carla, I will continue to watch over you, my friend."