ch 20

∞ ° 𐐪𐑂 ❁ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ❁ 𐐪𐑂 ° ∞

earlier that day

∞ ° 𐐪𐑂 ❁ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ❁ 𐐪𐑂 ° ∞

BEING AWAY...

From Japan even for a while and to think that it was for business, the moment was still one of the most peaceful you've been. It is too calm, it's not that you are complaining but it just makes you uneasy. You can't push the thought out of your mind because you're way used to it, that if something good happens there's a bad counterpart. Maybe deep down, you see it as the calm before the storm. You barely remember when you've started thinking this way.

You can't help but sigh and sit back up from your hotel bed, leaning your back to the headboard. Instead of thinking through it, you decided to wash your thoughts away with a warm bath. There's nothing to do for the time being so it is the perfect time indeed.

As you were prepping your bathtub to your liking, you stripped yourself along the process. Prior to that, you even opened a bottle of wine to accompany you. You dipped your hand a bit to fell the temperature and a smile formed in your lips due to contentment. Then, you hopped in the tub yourself and sat there staring at the wall in front and from time to time, you'd sip from your wine glass.

Minutes have passed and you were doing the same action, eyes on the wall. You don't know if it is the warm temperature of the water but you are feeling drowsy. Your eyelids are getting heavier and heavier.

The next thing you know is that your phone is ringing nonstop. Your jolted awake and it was so sudden it sent your body shaking. For some reason you're nose also feels stuffy. You inhaled and feel your nose blocked and that is when you only realized that the water has turned cold. A sneeze is coming up the moment you stood from your previous position.

'I've never caught cold this fast,' you thought.

You covered your body with a robe and reached for your phone which isn't stopping from vibrating. It actually felt warm in your touch because of the countless notification it received for the past minutes. You didn't know whether to laugh or cry because of how much a lot of things seemed to happen during that period of time.

Despite browsing your phone in hopes that you might get the gist on the sudden uproar, no notification answered your questions because it's only a bunch of missed calls and spam emails from your secretary.

"Why is she calling?" you uttered to yourself. At that moment, the phone rang again. This time you responded. "What is it?"

You heard her gasped. "There is an ongoing emergency meeting right now. The been waiting for you since earlier, why aren't you answering?" Her voice sounded panicking. You can't help but raise a brow.