Chapter 3

Bucky was called in by Fury to have a talk shortly after I awakened. I knew Fury just wanted to run the routine check to make sure his arm and mind were still functioning properly. Steve and Natasha walked away after tossing me a bag of candy. (Candy is my weakness.) Tony introduced himself quickly and then left to go polish his suit. I wondered why they had all come to see me.

I settled myself comfortably on my hospital bed and opened the jumbo sized bag of York pieces and popped one in my mouth. I didn't have anything to do and the nurse was waiting for tests to come back before releasing me.

I knew Loki was still there but I playfully ignored him. I sneaked a peak at him and saw he was staring at me, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. I threw him a candy bar while I stared back. He caught it smoothly and opened it with out breaking his stare.

Finally, I laughed. I never felt this comfy around new people but this guy was interesting. A challenge. He grinned cautiously back. He was wearing jeans and a t shirt. The norm. Yet I couldn't help noticing how, delightfully attractively evil he looked.

I won. He said.

What? I asked.

You smiled first. He replied.

I grinned at him.

I have heard a lot about you. He said.

I wish I could say the same, but I'm new here and I don't socialize much.

Its fine. The less you know the better. That ay you can form your own opinions of me without the influence of others.

I looked at him closely and saddened. I saw that deep down, he felt like an outsider. Like he would never fit in.

I motioned for him to sit down at the edge of the bed. I saw slight hesitation before a smooth smile and a nod. He sat. I did something I never ever ever would have normally done. It was impulsive and I would never had the courage to do it normally. I grabbed his face in my hands and brought it close so our foreheads touched.

You don't have to be afraid. I understand. I whispered.

He pulled away. I could see the shock. He didn't even try to hide it. He then gently touched my face.

Your different. He said.

I try. I said smiling to lighten the mood.

He quickly changed the subject. He asked about Hydra and Bucky and I. I sat there and told him everything. He was one of the most easiest people to be around. Then, he told me his story.