Curiosity

Morning came, illuminating the master suite in a beautiful golden light. I stretched and flicked the hair from my face, feeling well rested for the first time in days. We talked for the remainder of the night, cocooned in bed with each other like we were the last two souls on earth. As grave as the situation was, I couldn't help but feel a sense of tranquility in his embrace. Knowing the path to be perilous but one I wouldn't take alone.

Lucius' velvety voice telling me he loves me played inside my head, filling me with pure joy. I smiled to myself, gazing through sleepy eyes at the rising sun behind the windows at the end of the room.

I rolled over to face him, Lucius' arm still resting across me as he slept soundly. I swooned, watching his peaceful expression, his chiseled jawline and bone structure still and otherworldly in slumber as if he was carved in marble. I began trailing my fingers down his shoulder, light enough to avoid waking him. Lucius' broad chest rose and fell as the sun inched closer to his white blonde hair on the pillow.

A few moments past and his eyelids started to flicker, a low husky rumble erupted through his chest as his eyes cracked open, revealing a slither of sparkling blue through his eyelashes.

His mouth pulled into a soft smile, squinting through the bright sun rays to gaze over at me sleepily. I moved closer to him, placing a kiss on his cheek before turning over on my stomach and propping myself up on my elbows.

"How long have you been awake little one?" Lucius asked, his voice deep and husky as he reached an arm behind his head and stretched.

"Not long, I've just been enjoying the view" I sighed, shooting him a playful look before my gaze trailed down his body.

"Perverse little thing" He purred with a chuckle, cocking an eyebrow.

"It looks like it'll be a lovely day, perhaps we should enjoy the sunshine by the pool or the seaside?" he continued, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

I nodded in excitement, a day to just enjoy each other, free from family drama, free from any reminders of the looming inevitable.

"Very well, let's get ready and I'll have the elves prepare breakfast" He said, placing a kiss on my forehead before rising from the sheets and strolling into the en suite.

We showered together, exchanging a few kisses and ideas of what we should do after breakfast. Once we'd finished I went to grab a towel before noticing the long red marks stretching across my ass in the mirror.

Lucius came up behind me as I turned my back to examine the bruises, mostly still red with tints of purple around the edges. He smiled in amusement at the marks, running his hand gently across my cheeks.

"Such a good girl" he hummed before turning and exiting the bathroom. I smiled, continuing to turn to see the extent of the bruising before my gaze rose to the familiar scar on my back and my smile faded.

I pushed the thoughts associated with the scar from my mind, not today. Today it's just him and I, no past and no future. I am determined to stay present.

Stepping out of the bathroom I dried myself and set my towel down. Lucius had clothes folded neatly on the bed waiting for me.

"I hope you don't mind I got you a few things, I'm quite sure I got the size right" he smirked, zipping up his pants as his eyes gazed down my naked body. I beamed at him before turning my gaze to the clothes.

"Perhaps tomorrow we can go into town and you can pick out some things you like" he continued, pulling on his shirt and doing up the buttons.