Chapter 2: Magic

While monologuing about what intelligence is I heard the host start the first exam of how many more exams

Observing everyone they seemed to have a blue screen in front of them as they answered the exam

Looking beside my seatmate I needed guidance on how to partake in this exam or else I would fail

"Um, Miss?" I quickly asked a question disturbing her focus which made her eyes open and turn to me

"Cheating is strictly supervised can't you see?" a compass suddenly appeared in her hand out of thin air

"I was hoping to ask you how to partake in this exam, I didn't listen to the host and help would be greatly appreciated"

She just smirked at me

" I have no reason to help you as that action worsens my chances at enrolling in this school, or are you perhaps trying to drag me down by helping you? wouldn't that be unfair for me?" She said condescendingly.

She had a point, why would she ruin her chances at going to this school to help a random stranger who didn't listen to the host, and  by doing so decrease her own chances of being accepted into this school It was a win-lose situation in her eyes

*Sigh* I guess I'll need to figure it out on my own

I began analyzing each student seeing how they answered the questions, it may seem like I'm cheating but I don't have the screen in front of me so I think I'll have a pass on this. I am curious how they observed us through magic do they just keep track of the applicant's eyes to see who's glancing and who's not or do they observe the applicant's whole body to check if they are cheating through body contact and other methods?

Everyone seemed to have their right hand opened lying on the application form that was stationed in the middle in front of them, weirdly enough their hands seemed to glow a very faint blue though this was different from the others, some of the applicants' hands were glowing brighter than the other ones. They answered the form using their left index finger their hand also seemed to emit a faint blue, even more faint than their right hand. Some of them even had their eyes closed, the applicants that had their eyes closed emitted a brighter blue than their other parts that had light emitted from their hands, it was actually visible to the naked eye.

Do the body parts that emit light have a connection to this test?

I took my application form and stationed it how everyone did with theirs. I put my form in front of me and put my right hand on the paper...

Nothing happened

I tried lifting my left arm and pointed my left index finger in the air...

Still, nothing happened  

desperate I tried multiple variations of this form but nothing happened

I probably looked silly judging from the looks my seatmate gave me. It seemed like she had already finished the exam, she must be quite gifted academically but I had no time to dwell on that as this exam in front of me was more important.

Using my computer-like brain I quickly came up with a solution to my problems.

 I had to try and somehow make my body parts glow like the other applicants

.