Chapter 6: Invitation

Before putting both my hands on the orb, I looked at the instructor's face, to him this probably felt like the moment where he got to know the student's capabilities firsthand and where he could potentially scout promising students to represent the school.

He mostly kept his eyes closed when we first interacted and still has the same expression today but I can't help but feel that he is watching me closely.

"Move faster you idiot, there's a line I might bash your head in later if you don't hurry up" 

I glanced over to see the magenta-haired boy who did handstand pushups for 20 minutes.

doing that is no simple feat, even I can't do that.

He might know how to use magic too.

*sigh*

I can't risk fighting someone who knows how to use magic

"What are you looking at?"

I quickly averted my gaze now looking at the orb.

So I just need to put both hands on this orb and it will measure my magic density, it is a very straightforward magic tool.

Let's get this over with.

Raising my hands I slowly made my way to the orb, the results that appear here might alter my standing in this school.

Still, I want to have a slightly better magic density so I can protect myself against future obstacles

Both of my hands landed on the orb.

I feel tired.

My facial muscles started acting independently, slowly opening my mouth and making my eyes squint a watery substance formed on my eyelids.

I should snap out of it.

.

.

.

*Cracking noises*

The moment I recovered from the fatigue I felt the orb suddenly cracked

"Uhh is this normal" I looked over the instructor's direction 

To say the least, his face displayed a whole array of emotions from joy, anger, astonishment but most notably shock. This indicated that this was not a normal occurrence.

He quickly covered his amazement, reverting to his previous expression, and walked over to my direction.

Everyone suddenly stopped taking the exam and looked over at my position.