𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒎

『   ⋆ |   .      |
    ┊    ┊⋆     ┊   .
    ┊      |       ⋆˚              
    ✧. ┊         
      ⋆ ★

𝕹oe woke at the seventh hour that morning.

He took a shower with water warmer than usual, courtesy of the staff, and ended up dressing a little lighter.

The sky had cleared significantly over the last few days.

It felt as though it was actually spring for once.

And he preferred it that way.

Spring over winter.

Hope over death.

Even more so for the younger cousin of his that lived with him.

It was much better for Wyscen's health to have the air green and fresh rather than wintry and cold.

Passing by his younger cousin's bedchamber, Noe twisted the doorknob to check on her.

He had caught her crying out by her window three nights prior and held her as she wailed until dawn.

She hadn't left her room since.

Noe brought her food but it was often returned untouched.

Her quarters were dimmed considerably even though the sun broke through the threads of the curtains.

It was a strange sight.

Though he had always reminded Wyscen to keep her drapes down, she disliked anything that obscured her view of the sky.

It was fitting, perhaps, of her depressed state.

Wyscen lay in her bed, tightly wrapped in her blankets as she faced away from the door.

Noe exhaled, both relieved and concerned that she was resting. "Sweet dreams, steren."

꧁─────── ⋆ ❆ ⋆ ───────꧂

By noontime, Noe was halfway through his work and had sent about a dozen letters to his colleagues asking for insight on certain medical cases.

"Master Pitchiner, luncheon has been prepared."

Abraham, the Head of Staff, knocked on the young man's door.

Noe stretched in his seat, standing to exit his study.

"Has Wyscen eaten?" Noe asked the old man as they walked down the hallway together.

Abraham shook his head. "I'm fairly certain that the young miss has not even awoken yet."

Noe could understand very well.

Death and grief were things he was, unfortunately, all too familiar with.

As a doctor and as a son who lost his parents far too early.

Still, he had a responsibility.

As Wyscen's cousin and doctor.

꧁─────── ⋆ ❆ ⋆ ───────꧂

"Wyscen?"

Noe entered his younger cousin's quarters, knocking to announce his presence.

Silence.

"I know you'd rather sleep your week away," the young man attempted to comfort, walking to the windows.