𝑰𝑽

𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆, 𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚, 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

『 ⋆ | . |
┊ ┊⋆ ┊ .
┊ | ⋆˚         
✧. ┊         
⋆ ★

"𝖂hat about...the Easter Hare?"

"Are you kidding?"

"Oh, no! Really?"

"Yeah, sorry. He doesn't exist."

"He?"

"..."

"Oh, Frost! You liar!"

Jack yelped as Wyscen attempted to hit him with a pillow, making him float and hit the canopy of her bed.

"Okay, fine," the boy scoffed, landing back on the mattress. "He exists."

The girl gleamed. "Oh, that's wonderful!"

Jack's eyes glinted with mischief. "He's not exactly a hare though."

"He's not?"

"Nope." The boy grinned. "Kangaroo."

"The Easter Hare...is a kangaroo?" Wyscen crossed her arms in doubt. "Are you lying again?"

"I swear, it's true," Jack chuckled. "What jumps around, hiding eggs during Easter, is a kangaroo. Ooh! And he really hates-"

Wyscen listened intently, utterly amazed at the boy's stories of spirits besides himself.

The sun had already risen over the horizon, marking another sleepless night gone by for the girl.

A knock resounded from her door.

"Wyscen?" Noe called from the other side.

"Again?" Jack raised a brow.

The girl tossed her covers aside, dragging the boy as she stumbled out of her bed.

"Time to leave!" She snatched the boy's staff that was leaning against her bedpost and began pushing him toward her window.

Jack gripped the girl's wrist and twirled her around, catching her by the waist.

"Jack, what are you-"

"Relax," he hummed, eyes looking into the girl's own.

Wyscen didn't understand at all.

But his winter blue irises swirled with a sort of...sorrow.

The doorknob twisted, making her refocus her attention on the man who entered the room.

"It's time to wake-" Noe cut himself off at the sight of his already awake younger cousin.

Wyscen fumbled over her words, walking toward her cousin. "Noe, I-I can explain-"

"Explain what?" The young man walked into the room, parchment crunching underneath his feet. "Honestly, Wyscen, you ought to clean up a little."

"Hold on, please!" The girl tried to stop her cousin from moving any further. "He-He just appeared out of nowhere! I didn't really-er-"

"Wait, wait, wait." Noe circled past his younger cousin. "I've something to show you."

"Oh!" Wyscen held her arms to her chest as her cousin neared the winter spirit and-