A glimpse of their past 2

______________________________________

Your sweet smile is my downfall.

---Sultan.

______________________________________

Sultan's gaze lingered on Mishti, his expression inscrutable.

             "Get in the car," his voice boomed. Mishti hesitated, her tiny frail hands struggling to open the door.

         Sultan chuckled as he came up from behind, resting his hand on hers holding the doorknob.

        "With this delicate body, you were challenging me to hit you?" he whispered near her ear, his lips lingering.

               He opened the door, and Mishti's legs jiggled as she climbed into the car. She stared at Roshan, her eyes shining with tears like stars.

           Sultan climbed in after her, his eyes locked on her. "Don't worry your little head about him when you're with me, your true husband," he said, blocking her view of Roshan.

         Mishti inched away, her eyes whitened beneath the intense tension. She wrapped her arms around herself, shivering slightly.

           Sultan pulled up to the luxurious hotel in his Thar.

         He dragged a frightened Mishti from the vehicle and took her inside. The manager greeted him warmly, "Welcome, sir. Your usual room is ready."

            "Good," Sultan responded curtly, his eyes narrowing as he glared at the trembling Mishti.

            He led her to the room and roughly threw her onto the bed. Mishti whimpered, her eyes darting around nervously.

            Sultan pulled out his phone and shoved it in her face.

           "What are you doing in this picture?" he demanded.

            Mishti peered at the image, her lips trembling. "I-I'm just sitting in my school," she stammered.

            "And apart from sitting, what else are you doing?" Sultan's voice rose with menace.

             Mishti winced, inching away as he paced around the room. "He...he kissed my cheek," she whispered, her voice quivering.

             Sultan's eyes flashed with rage. "The kiss was mine!" he roared, grasping Mishti's face. "It was supposed to be mine!"

           Mishti stared at him, frozen with fear.

           "This spot right here?"he said, pressing his thumb on her cheek. Her lips parted, realizing his intentions.