Extortion (4)

⚠️!!WARNING!!⚠️

This chapter contains serious topics such as self harm, suicide, and rape. If you are underage or of the faint of heart, leave immediately.

Proceed at your own risk.

《~》

It was study hour again, or more accurately, an additional hour for the teacher to not have to do his job. He sits comfortably in his chair, his arms folded across his chest and his face concealed by an old newspaper. He snoozes away the time as the students round up with their respective groups and talk about upcoming activities or the latest gossip.

One, however, remained by himself.

Slumped in his desk was (Y/N), mindlessly scratching at an assignment, his pencil leaving nothing but half hearted strokes in its path. His hand was wrapped in gauze and it's movments were sluggish, lazy, only moving back and forth as his pencil darkens the small area with waves of lead.

His body felt heavy, unmotivated to do anything, even attending school felt like such a laborious task. The only thing that got him up was the desperate need for a distraction, a way to occupy his thoughts and forget what happened. He hoped that school would provide that stimulation, but it was in vain. Aside from that, he felt nothing; just a hollow abyss staring back at him as he completes his daily tasks.

He hadn't slept as his thoughts were, and still is, plagued by memories that constantly replayed in his head like an old film projector, each rerun hurting just as much as the last.

I trusted you...!

He tenses as her words rang once more. It was done. He failed to keep his vow to protect Uzi, and now she was suffering because of him. He rushed to her house to explain himself and hopefully console her, but when he heard her wailing from the otherside of the door, he felt ashamed. He couldn't muster the courage to talk to her and ended up leaving.

He slowly looks up at her empty seat. He sees her silhouette looking back at him with a devious smile before it vanished into nothing. He sniffs as he wipes away his fresh tears.

As he feared, word had spread throughout the colony. The guards had spoken to their friends and families, and they spoke to theirs about the residential human being in a relationship with one of their own.

What he didn't expect was to still be allowed to live among them. Though, he could hazard a guess. The subject of these rumors were indeed about him and Uzi, but it wasn't just Uzi's name that was being uttered, it was V's.

(Y/N) believes that his... connection... with V is what prevents the W.D.F. from acting. They saw first-hand what she would do should they mess with her, and so, everyone restrained themselves and kept their distance. In a way, he was thankful. He didn't have it in him to be dealing with anyone at the moment, and the solitude allowed him precious time to collect his thoughts - even if it was a losing battle.

Like a log being thrown into a pond, his thoughts were disturbed by the sound of obnoxious laughter behind him. Although it was annoying, he tries to not let it bother him. That is, until he caught the subject the group was discussing.

"Hey, did you hear about the skinnie dating one of the Murder Drones?"

"What?"

He feels eyes staring at him for a moment.