Extortion (2)

(Y/N) stares up at the spire with a look of uncertainty as its towering form engulfs him with its shadow. He casts his gaze to the large maw from its base and can make out the roof of the pod within. His heart races as he stands there, still uncertain about coming here. He shakes his head. No, he needs to do this. Whatever happens, it's for the best.

'For Uzi.'

With his mind made up, he hardens his resolve and makes his way inside. He takes care to avoid the debris that litters the snowy ground along with the discarded bodies of unfortunate Workers. He climbs the pod's legs, then the ladder, before grasping the small hatch. He takes a moment to collect himself before turning it counterclockwise and opening it. He looks inside to see V waiting for him; she was sitting in one of the chairs blowing bubbles.

She looks up at him with a sly grin. "Wow, you actually came?"

He doesn't respond as he descends the ladder. Once his feet stood on the solid floor, he turns to her with a look of determination.

"I want to talk."

"Oh?" V looks at him in mock curiosity. "And here I thought you wanted some action-"

"I'm not doing this."

V stops and drops her false demeanor. She stays silent as she furrows her brows and studies him. (Y/N) takes this moment to continue.

"I love Uzi, and I won't tarnish what me and her have because of you, nor will I let what others think about our relationship stop us from being together."

As he speaks, V's faceplate slowly turns into a deep frown.

"So go ahead and tell them, because I don't care anymore. We're done."

The two stare at each other for a moment, their respective pupils maintaining harsh eye contact in the pod's silence.

"Alright then." V says, breaking the silence and giving the human an unsettling smile.

It was now (Y/N)'s turn to study her; he was expecting a little more attitude than that. "Not...the reaction I was expecting." He comments as an uncomfortable feeling in his gut makes itself known.

V just shrugs. "It's not a big deal. Because now I get to show this to your little sweetheart." She smirks as her screen changes; a window opens and a video feed starts to play. There was nothing but static at first, but it quickly formed a comprehensible image and started playing.

(Y/N)'s gut sinks into itself as he watches the events from yesterday unfold in V's perspective.

"Really captures your face, doesn't it?" She says while making a camera lense with her fingers and directing it towards his face. (Y/N) doesn't speak as his face becomes stricken. V takes advantage of this and continues.

She gets up and starts to walk around him as the video continues to play, the sounds of moaning reverberating in the enclosed space around them. "Imagine what the rotten grape would do if I showed her this~" Her smirk turns into a sneer when she catches the faintest sound of (Y/N)'s breath hitching in his throat. "She would be devastated to find out that the one person she let into her fragile little heart kissed another woman! And if the entire bunker found out, they'd never let you near each other..."

She studies the human as she lets her words sink in. She moved like a predator watching their prey, waiting for the right moment to strike. She watches as his body began to tremble, his eyes becoming unfocused as the proposed scenario took over his mind and slowly drove it towards paranoia. She tries to contain herself as she goes to put the final nail in the proverbial coffin.

"Not only that..." She stands behind him, reaching out and grabbing his shoulders with her talons before she leans into his ear, her voice hushed and barely audible enough for the human to pick up.