In Heaven We Reunite

It's been nearly 2 years now since Chiquita had passed away, and life never felt right for Ahyeon anymore. She tried moving on, but the younger meant too much for her. She tried ending her life multiple times before, but she always stopped at the thought of her friends and family having to live without her.

But this time, that won't stop her. Ahyeon came here to do one thing, and that is to end it. To end her pain, she's been living with for the past nearly 2 years. She's doing it for real this time, ready to hopefully be reunited with Chiquita in heaven.

Ahyeon stood on the edge of the building and looked down. It's the same building as she and Chiquita always used to look at the sunrise and sunset, or just the snow-covered city during the winter. It's one of the highest buildings in the city, which gives a great view without other buildings in the way.

It used to be a place of happiness, but now Ahyeon can only feel hurt by this place because of those past memories with Chiquita. She came here more than any other place with the younger, which is why she chose this place to do it.

She let out a deep breath as she looked at the sunset in the far distance. Then, she closed her eyes and took another deep breath, letting out her breath soon after, and jumped off. She was now free-falling from the building at a rapid pace towards the ground. The wind was strong and flying into Ahyeon's eyes, making it hard to see clearly.

The ground came closer and closer. Each second felt so fast, yet so slow. There's no turning back anymore, but Ahyeon has no regrets of her decision. All she wants is to be with Chiquita again, and it seems like in a matter of seconds, she'll see her. Then, as if time sped up, it felt like everything went suddenly faster, and she descended faster than ever, and before she knew it, everything went dark.

Ahyeon didn't hear anything, nor see or feel. She assumed she was dead, but what now? She can't do anything. Is life after death not real? Is she stuck like this forever? Thoughts raced around her mind until suddenly a bright light engulfed Ahyeon. It felt like she could move, hear, and see again.

The light was so bright that she had closed her eyes. She stood up and crouched onto her knees, trying to adjust to the light, which was not as easy as it was brighter than Ahyeons ever seen.

Ahyeon got shocked when she suddenly felt something on her shoulder. She slowly turned around, blinking to get used to the light. There she saw a figure, but she couldn't make out who it was. All she sees is bright light stripes around the person. As her eyes manage to adjust, Ahyeon's able to pick up more and more of the person's details until she's finally able to make out that the figure infeont of her is a woman.

"Ahyeon?" The woman called out, and to Ahyeon, it sounded like the angel she's been waiting for for the past 2 years. Her eyes finally adjusted completely, and to her shock, none other than Chiquita, the girl that got her here is standing right in front of her. Ahyeon couldn't believe her eyes as tears started trailing down her cheeks.

"C-Chiquita..." she says as she stands up and carefully walks towards her. Rather than crying, Chiquita looked more shocked seeing Ahyeon her suddenly. She placed a hand on Ahyeon's cheek, wiping away the tear falling from her eye. She smiled at the older as she engulfed her in the tightest hug she's ever had.

"Why are you here, unnie?" Chiquita says during in the hug. Ahyeon only replied with sobs, not quite believing if this was yet another dream about Chiquita, or if she actually jumped off the roof and is reunited with the person she loved. "A-Are you... real?" Ahyeon manages to stutter out. Chiquita replied with a hum towards the older girl's ear, which made her dig her face into Chiquita's neck.

"C-Canny, do you know how much I missed you?" Ahyeon said through her sobs. "I know, I know. I watched you from above. I saw your struggles, but also your happy moments. I saw everything, I always kept my eye on you. Those times you felt a cold wind, it was me, making sure you were safe. I always protected you. Why did you have to do this to yourself? You had a whole life in front of you, together with our friends," Chiquita said as she stroked the older's hair, "Yet you chose me..."

"Because I love you, and I won't love anyone else like I love you. I don't want to live if you're not around. I want to be with you every part of the day." Ahyeons said as she pulled away and dried her eyes. "But when I was laying in the hospital bed, in my final fee seconds, what did you promise me?" Chiquita said with a stern voice, making Ahyeon quiver as she hasn't heard Chiquita's voice in close to 2 years.

"T-That I'm going to live a happy life even without your presence around me." She answered with her head low towards the ground. "And you couldn't keep that promised?"

"I'm sorry, Canny. I tried, I really did, but I just can't without you. Please, forgive me." Ahyeon begged as she went onto her knees. Chiquita just smiled and chuckled as she bent down and put both her hands on Ahyeon's cheek before pulling her in for a deeply awaited kiss. "It's okay, at least we're together again. Now we can live a happy life together in heaven and watch over our friends together and protect them until one day in the future they join us." Chiquita said as she moved away a little from Ahyeon's lips.

"Together?" Ahyeon asked, with desiring sparkles in her eyes. With a smile, Chiquita nodded, "Together, forever. We will never be able to get separate again." Ahyeon smiled, happy with how things ended.

"C'mon! Let's go, there's so many things that you need to see here in heaven!" Chiquita said as she pulled up Ahyeon and dragged her with her. Ahyeon followed allang without Chiquita having to tell her twice. Together, they were going to be stronger than ever, protecting their friends until one day they joined them.

I wrote this in about 15 minutes. I'm quite in a sad mood because my sister's guinea pig just passed away, and she was such a gem. I don't think it's been 5 years yet, but she was one of those pets that I had gotten attached to more than I'd usually get to such a small animal. I'm hoping my sister can cope with it quickly because seeing her crying earlier on broke my heart. I'm also unsure if I can upload part 3 tomorrow or so because I haven't quite gotten over the loss of her yet either.

Rest in peace, Emmy 🤍🕊