ᡣ𐭩Chapter 6

Edited: 7/13/2024

Tw:

Finally getting to the good stuff. I'll try to lessen the dialogue!
———

Scratch ✨

I sighed as I went through all the letters sent to me, all of them marriage proposals.

    I'm surprised there's even this many, father always said my ugly scarred face scared women away...

But I don't want to get married, as cliche as it is, I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with some woman or hell a man that I can lean my head on.

   I don't want to just parade them around like a decoration...

    I want to see my mother smile, a genuine smile——I want her to be able to look at my relationship and be happy for me, she's always said she doesn't want what her and father to have to be my normal...even though it is...

I throw the letters on the ground and rub my head in anguish.

There's another thing on my mind....that one maiden from the party a few weeks ago.

    There was something about her, despite not even getting a chance to talk——that just drew me.

I wonder if it's true, those rumors about her marriage. How could anyone cheat on a woman like that?!

    And then to keep her hidden from the world, Count Hendrick is a strange and obnoxious individual, I wonder——how would he react if we suddenly became close...

     I snicker to myself and get up the stretch a bit.

   It was around mid noon and I've started to develop this habit of exercise, usually my family prefers to use our mage's charms to lose any weight but I enjoy pushing myself to the limit.

Not to mention it's the closest type of training I can get to that of a knight.

Surprisingly despite my behavior and degraded attitude, I'm not suited to be a knight or even join in a fight.

   It's annoying, my father is a damm hypocrite. Our family has a history of getting into fights we cannot finish, and I guess father dearest has been wanting to play it safe since also in our family——men his age never lived long due to our behavior.