The Dream

~Moss

Moss is still in a deep sleep when he starts waking due to an odd sound and movements against his chest

"Hmm?" He says as he wakes up and sees the scavenger he 'caught' Yesterday clawing and scratching at the air, as well as yelling and screaming, and... Crying?

He growls and pokes the scavenger and it shoots up, letting out an ear piercing, headache inducing screech as it looks around franticly, it sees him and seems to start panicking even more before it calms down and curls up into a ball against his chest, sobbing.

"What's wrong little guy? Did you have a nightmare, or girl, I think you're a girl actually." "oh what's wrong with you, of corse it did" he mentally scolds himself. He offers a claw and the scavenger shys away before creeping closed and hugging it, still bawling her eyes out.

"What nightmare did you have that's so bad little one?" He says as he pulls her to his chest with his other talon.

"It's almost like she was being eaten alive, but she wasn't, right?"

~Gold

"MOMMY, HELP" She yells as she runs towards her home. "BABY, OVER HERE" Her mom yells from the shelter.

She makes it to the shelter and they slam it and lock it.  There are multiple children and even some adults bawling their eyes out in fear, Gold was not one of them, neither was her mother. "Mommy, thank you so much" Gold says as she hugs her mom. "Baby, I love you" Her mom says back.

She checks Gold for cuts and scratches, puting aloe on them. "You look good baby girl" Her mother says as she puts away the aloe vera gel. "Are we gonna be safe" She hears a little boy say. 

"Of course" An older woman says. "This shelter has survived years and years, no dragon has gotten in"

Just as she says that, there's a knock on the door. "Survivors, see" The old lady says, going to the hatch. She opens it and screams, before getting snatched by a blood red talon, with actual blood on its claws. "AAH" Everyone in the bunker screamed, the talon kept grabbing people, pulling them out, and repeating the process. 

The talon reaches on and grabs gold. "MOMMY" She screams. "GOLD" Her mother screams back as gold gets dragged out of the shelter.

She sees a blood red mountain dragon with it's open maw, blood staining the teeth. It lifts her above it's maw and drops her, she falls, falls, falls, and hears the snap of teeth, and everything goes dark, suddenly the dragon falls over and it's mouth opens, she crawls out, crying and shaking.

She wakes up and screams, looking around, and seeing the dragon from yesterday. "'sigh' it's just you" She calms and it entends it's claw and she hugs it, still crying  "I could have died that day if it wasn't for my father" She says, still bawling. "And he died the day after 'sigh' at least he's in a better place now" 

The dragon grabs her and she lets out a shrill scream before being quiet after being poked.

A/N Sorry for the short chapter, it's like 9 here and I'm tired, goodnight.