The Unexpected. . . Or Is It?

"Sorry, Mr. Rutherford, your wife didn't make it."

The words hung in the sterile hospital room, each syllable a dagger to my heart. The doctor's face blurred, and I gripped the edge of the chair, my knuckles white. Billie—my fierce, beautiful Billie—had fought so hard. But life had other plans.

I stumbled out of the room, the corridor stretching endlessly. The world tilted, and I leaned against the cold wall. How could this be? We were supposed to be celebrating, welcoming our daughter into the world. Instead, darkness closed in, swallowing me whole.

The nurses whispered condolences as I stumbled down the hallway. Their voices blended into a mournful symphony. Billie's laughter echoed in my mind, her warmth still lingering on my skin.

I pushed open the hospital doors, the night air biting into my lungs. The moon hung low, casting shadows on the pavement. Billie loved the moon—said it was a silent witness to all our secrets. But tonight, it felt like a cruel accomplice.

I sank to my knees, tears blurring my vision. Billie, my muse, my confidante, my partner in chaos. She'd sung her heart out on stage, her voice weaving magic. And now, silence.

And so, under the moon's watchful gaze, I vowed to unravel the mystery of Billie's absence. To find solace in memories and strength in love. Because even in grief, hope lingered—a fragile thread connecting us all.

"B-Baby?"

Oh now look at that ceiling!

A/N : Confusing right? May y'all be confused with this chapter❤️

This isn't the last chapter by the way.