CHAPTER TWO: THE TAMING OF THE BEAST

"For me
Being alone is totally okay
Even if their perspective of me has changed."

Sandy: Ma, I'm going back home

Sandy: Ma, I'm going back home. I don't like it here! Dad's boss is crazy! Please force dad to let me go home.
Ma: Your dad told me that his boss is kind.
Sandy: God! It's not true! He's scary mom!
Ma: Talk to your dad first. What I know is he is just misunderstood but kind. Your dad raised him most of his life.
****

FELIP'S POV

"I want her out of my house!" I shouted to my butler, Roy.

"Sir, she just made a mistake." reasoned Roy.

"A HUGE mistake!" I replied in a high tone.

Roy sighed, "I can't let her go. She is Mang Aloy's daughter. She is here to take care of him."

My body froze. She's Mang Aloy's daughter? Mang Aloy is a father figure for me. I was the one that begged him to stay even when he wants to go back to his family in Ilocos Norte.

After what happened to me, my family technically abandoned me. The tabloids feasted on my promiscuity. I was labeled as a playboy and cheater. They all celebrated while seeing my downfall.

My record label has given me a year to recover and write music again. I struggled with every surgery and my doctor told me that it is impossible for me to play the guitar again.

My dad is a legendary musician and rockstar. So, my scandal took a toll on him. He was bombarded by the media as a bad role model for me. He was also a womanizer and a drug addict.

My mom left us when I was just a little boy and I hate her for it. She left me with a monster. Growing up with my dad who doesn't care for me and leaves me at home with my nanny. I became bitter and I started looking for love in women who only like me because of my fame and money.

But Mang Aloy treated me like a son. I grew up with him by my side. He came to every graduation and parent meeting because my dad is busy. When I got sick, he nurses me back to health. He taught me how to play musical instruments. Everyone thought my dad was the one who taught me but it was Mang Aloy. He is musically gifted too.

He is the caretaker of our house. He is not the butler but the overseer of it all. When I returned here in my family house after the accident, he took care of me. My dad is now in the US, living his life and producing music. He never cared so I know for sure that he will not return just for me.

Learning that this annoying girl is Mang Aloy's daughter made my head spin. I've been avoiding girls after my accident. I have this theory that they are the reason why I am cursed with this injury.