Act 0 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4; Arthur; Hemhir 32nd, 329SR; 6:45

With the tips of his fingers, he rubbed Reiu's smooth silver scales. The tiny dragon bit Arthur's hand but didn't lock its jaw. He continued to scratch the bottom of its chin, but he felt its blue teeth lightly prick his skin. Arthur stopped petting, the dragon released its jaw, and then he proceeded. Its horns and teeth were also made of a blue crystal with a bright blue glow deep within. The small white dragon wasn't nearly as mighty as the black dragon, Balakin. However, Arthur didn't mind. He was reading an encyclopedia, and the small dragon Reiu curiously scanned the pages on its own. There was a sketch of a sword on the page, as well as a metal golem. The figure was very blocky, and it had a barred hatch in its stomach where books were being stored.

... when compared to Hirian gifts, they display extremely fascinating differences. Hirian gifts are much more distributed across their population, a staggering forty five percent of all Hirians possess Celestial gifts. This is with a population at least ten times the size of Helios. One might assume this makes Hirian gifts inherently better, but the higher number results in a lack of variance when it comes to form and capability. The gifts of the angels are much more variable in this regard.

While gifts have been categorized by their distinct forms: tools, powers, spirits. They should not be defined by them, there still remains the chance of overlapping or multitudes of abilities. For example: Mistress Fost's Cleric Golem, a gift bestowed in 134 SR, at Vrarus, capital city of Vrankria. The spirit with an aptitude for electrical work, is a special gift belonging to members of House Fost, a small bipedal golem made of metal, capable of discharging a barrier over a perimeter, also possesses a storage unit built into its torso, which users have used to store important tools. This gift alone already displays a much more advanced level compared to anything seen from the Hirian peoples.

The most advanced gift by comparison that we are aware of, would belong to the natives of Dorad. Their gifts, the teeth of the Celestial beast Ginpa, are only bestowed upon women of the clan. The tooth of Ginpa is already an unbreakable sword, with the power to create spatial rifts in thin air. On top of this, their arms and face will appear to have blue scars that are easily mistaken for tattoos. However, these symbols always appear on the right side of their body, and when they glow, imbue the user with a strength unlike anything else. Their muscular strength increases over tenfold while retaining size and shape, they only need to hold the sword for this power to activate.

Arthur nuzzled the dragon. 'Vrankria? I've never heard of that place...'A knock echoed from down the stairs of the tower, the sound pulled Arthur out of his book. 'What the? Visitors this early, please don't tell me it's Angela...'

"Arthur, who is that?" Shinra yelled from somewhere up the tower.

"Hold on," Arthur shook his head as he shifted off of the sofa and continued to pay attention to the book. "I haven't even had time to get to the door and he's asking me who it is..."

Shinra was at the upper floors of the tower, the sounds of his footsteps hastened as he got changed. Arthur yawned, he was annoyed with the sudden end of his relaxation. He took a sip of coffee he made, the bitter taste dancing across his tongue and giving him a slight kick. He set the glass down as he stretched his arms and took a deep breath. The knock came on the door again, a bit faster this time. The orange light from the rising sun washed over the two cups of coffee, casting two long shadows over the wooden table. Arthur set the book down and rubbed his eyes. He walked out of the living room, and entered the tower stairwell. The knock came again.

"I'm on the way..." Arthur groaned with an annoyed voice.

Arthur sighed as he took hold of the handle, and opened the door, only to find two royal guards, and Lawrence Lightbringer on the other side. 'Huh...' His golden blonde hair was tied back into a ponytail, but it was a little unkempt. He wore a black and white mantle over his white shirt, it covered half of the Lightbringers emblem on his chest. He looked down at Arthur with lazy eyes, then took a deep breath. The guards behind him wore the infamous gold masks with two oval shaped holes for eyes