Act 0 - Chapter 7

Chapter 7; Yami; Hemhir 26th, 329SR; 8:05

The room was lit by the morning sunlight, the clock ticked repeatedly. Yami slowly opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the red dragon he used to play with sitting on top of a closet. 'Zeus isn't up yet? Must be sleeping in because he's hungry...' Yami turned over, then took a deep breath as he got comfortable again. 'That might be a bad thing actually? Ah, he's probably okay. I can still hear him sleeping...' Yami lounged in bed for a little while longer, listening to the silence in the room. The only other breath in the room was Nova. Yami's eyes shot open. 'Wait...'

Yami pushed himself up and looked at Zeus's bed for a few seconds. The quilt was thrown to the side, the sheets were wrinkled, but there was no sign of his brother. Yami glanced to the other side of the room where Nova's bed was, she was sound asleep.

"Huh... Zeus didn't wake me up..." Yami said to himself as he pushed himself out of the bed.

Yami walked through the room, he was rubbing his right eye as he passed Eos's bed. 'Huh...' Yami took three steps back, then turned to the left. Eos's bed was empty. 'Eos didn't wake me up either? Strange... I bet he went out to practice before our race...' Yami scratched his head and yawned. He walked out of the room, took a right down the hall, and went to the washroom. There were no other sounds in the house. 'Is Zeus outside already?'

***

The warm water flowed over his palms as he washed his hands. 'I wonder if Nova will let me swim in that pool... It belongs to Loomy, so she might get upset...' Yami dried off his hands, then stepped out of the bathroom. 'Wait... I wonder if Eos can run fast enough to sprint on the water, that'd be pretty cool...' A door opened to his left. Theresia stepped out of her office, she was slouched over, and her expression looked drained. Her black hair was a mess, she rubbed her eyes as she started down the hall.

"Morning..." Theresia yawned.

"What's for breakfast?" Yami asked lazily, his eyes were closed.

"I'm not making you eggs, you had those yesterday and the day before..." Theresia said with a slight smile as she walked past Yami, entered the washroom and closed the door. "Especially if you don't turn on the fan! Ugh!"

"Oh, sorry!" Yami walked away as he laughed quietly to himself.

As he approached the room, Nova walked out while rubbing her eyes. She looked more groggy than usual.

"Mom took the washroom upstairs already," Yami mentioned as he walked by.

"Tsk..." Nova kissed her teeth. "Ah, I hate going downstairs..."

As Yami passed by the bedroom, he glanced at the empty beds once more. 'They must be downstairs...' Yami walked down the steps, expecting to see one of his brothers in the kitchen. But it was empty.

"Huh..." Yami didn't think much of it.

Yami walked across the white tiled kitchen floor and reached for one of three cereal boxes on the counter. He set the box down next to the sink, the word 'Peanut Puff's' was written on this box. Yami stopped as he noticed the sink was empty. 'Hm... Did Zeus and Eos even eat breakfast? They usually never wash their dishes...' Yami opened the cupboard, and all the large white bowls were still stacked. He reached up as far as he could, his fingers just barely touching the rim of the bowl. He managed to pull it, then got two fingers on it and pulled it out of the cupboard. Yami turned the knob of the sink and started to wash the bowl, he looked out the window and saw the yard. But he squinted as he noticed someone sprinting toward the front of the house. It was Zeus.