[11] Breakup gift.

[[[Klaus in the image, duh]]]

     Having lost his patience, Klaus slammed his palm on the top of the small TV. Much to his surprise, the gesture made it finally work. The image wasn't clear and the sound wasn't any better, but he couldn't ask for more considering its state.

     He switched the channels, but only received static, the signal very poor. In the end, he was left to choose between a channel with old black and white movies and the News Channel. He decided on the latter, curious as to what world had to say on their escaping.

     The hero then sat on the floor, next to the bed on which Venom was still sleeping deeply. Klaus couldn't help but think about how much the villain slept... Well, he did miss 9 years of rest, considering Clarckson occupied most of his nights...

     Shaking his head in pity, the hero sat up on his knees, leaning closer to the vampire before brushing his ruffled hair away from his face. He pecked his cheek softly while his thumb caressed his jaw. When the news started, Klaus turned around to watch.

     'We continue with shocking news: Venom, the villain of the town, that was recently taken to the mental hospital for the second time, managed to escape once again. What is more surprising is the fact that he was helped by Klaus, our loyal hero for 7 years now. Authorities are searching for them, but a big obstacle got in their way. Detective Josh, who was in lead of the searching, was bitten by a Black Widow Spider when controlling the villain's house. He is now in hospital under care...'

     Klaus turned the TV off, wasting no time in standing up and getting dressed.

----

     Walking through a hospital past many people without being recognised would prove to be a difficult task, but a hood on the head did wonders, Klaus concluded as he opened the door to Josh's room. The detective was lying in bed unfazed, eyes fixed on the ceiling above him, deep in thought.

     "Hello." the hero casually said after entering the room and walking next to his bed.

     Josh groaned, rubbing his face in despair. "Do you have any idea of what situation you're putting me in, Klaus? I am an arm length away from arresting you."

     "Well then what's stopping you?" asked Klaus, sitting down on the edge of the detective's bed. Josh scowled deeply, eyebrows lowering above intense blue eyes as his jaw clenched.

     "Why are you here." he asked.

     The hero brought a hand to his mouth before biting a nail, nibbling on it as he searched for words. His eyes moved to the figure in front of him, taking in the sight he could admit only to himself to miss.

     "Just, you know... To check if you're fine." he spoke softly, interrupted by Josh's scoff. "And to clarify things a bit." he continued with a sigh, to which his friend's expression smoothened into an understanding one. "Whatever there was between us, it must stop."

     "Don't be all cheesy, Swartzenstein. I knew all of this would happen the moment you stood up for him when he was being taken to the Megan Hospital." Josh spoke, sitting up to approach his face to the hero's. "You go have fun with your walking corpse. But I will respect my duty, so don't think we won't meet again." he murmured, running a hand through the hero's ink coloured strands of hair.

     Klaus grinned, leaning closer to him. "I do have a breakup gift, though." he murmured suggestively, grinning as Josh's eyebrows raised in interest.

<><><><><><><><><><>