chapter 0.1

"ibadat ki khwahish nahi jaante, woh pagal ko dil ko nahi maante"

~~~~~~~

"Zaina bibi uthe!! Aapki ammi humaari Jaan lelegi agar ab aap nahi uthi toh!!" Khanum bibi shouts loudly, i groan.
"Khanum bibi, sone Dena mujhe please".
"Zaina utho. Abhi" My mom said in a stern voice. And it was enough to wake me up.
"Yes ammi I am awake!".
"You better be." With that she left my room. I heard giggling voice beside me. "Khanum bibi!!!! Chup kare." Annoyingly i said but that made her laugh even more. I groaned and went to my bathroom to get freshen up.
Today was my fifth day in the last year of college, I can't believe I'll be graduated in few months. Studying was never my cup of a tea, i just want to become a well known writer. That was my dream since I was a kid. And i hope that, inshallah I'll become that one day.

...............................

"Zaina Aaj aap college se jaldi ghar aajana." My dad said in soft tone. He is such a sweetheart while my mom is a devil in disguise (don't tell her I said this please). "Kyu abbu? Aaj kahi jaana hai kya hume?" "Nahi Aaj kuch mehmaan Ghar aarahe hai humare."
Guests. Who? Please don't tell me it's phuphu. She's always bugging me to get married with her son. I don't want to get married now, I want to become a writer first, I want to become independent first then we'll see about marriage and stuff. And my parents never force me in it either.
"Kon mehmaan abbu?"
"Mere bachapan ke dost hai. Woh kaafi saal pehle apni family ke saath London shift hogaye the. Kuch dino pehle woh wapis pakistan aaye hai, toh mene unhe humare ghar dawat par bula liya." Oh. A friend? That's nice. I mean better than phuphu.
"Ji abu main jaldi aajaungi aaj."

...........................

I was about to leave the college when my phone suddenly started to buzz in the pocket of my jeans. I checked the caller id, it was my mom. She must be calling me to ask where the hell am I because I told them I'll be home early today and i am 20 minutes late. I had to attend one extra lecture and it was quite important. I picked up the phone
"Assalamualaikum ammi?"
"Walekum assalam zaina?! Where the hell are you!?" She sounds like if I was infront of her she would thrown her expensive shoe on me.
"Ammi.. I am coming on my way." I said trying to calm her down.
"Agar mehmaan tumhare aane se pehle aagaye na zaina! Toh tum dekho!" She is not warning me she is threatening me... :)
"Ji ji ammi i am on my way just 10 minutes-" Without listening to my explanation any further she hunged up on me. I told my driver to drive fast. Fear was written all over my face

......................

I reached home, and by the grace of God, early. I saw my mom setting up the living room with the workers. She saw me entering. "Zaina?" I turned to her calling and replied her immediately. "Yes ammi?"
"Good you're back early." She said coldly. My mom is not bad, she's just not exactly affectionate. "Tumhare room mein mene new dress mangwa kar rakha hai, jaakar ready hojao jaldi." I nodded listening to her. "Ji ammi." And with that i. Left for my room to get ready.

...............

I came down wearing a simple midnight blue dress with the beads and tassles on the end of the dress. It was simple yet looked elegant. When I reached down, I saw alot of people sitting in my living room with my mom and my dad. I went to them, stand beside the couch where my father was sitting. I greet them politely.
"Assalamualaikum." The old man who i guess was my father's friend and his wife replied to me smiling.
"Walekum assalam beta." My father was introducing me to them when my eyes laid on the guy, sitting there silently. His gaze was cold yet subtle, looking at the people talking around him. He looked like he didn't wanted to be here. My thoughts were interrupted when my father spoke.
"Zaina this is my friend, jehangir and his wife huma, and this is their youngest son adian." I looked at him greeting him politely too.
"Assalamualaikum."
"Walekum assalam." He says with a slight nod.

< ••••♪••••>

Damn my heart....his voice was attractive, his eyes....his pretty hazel eyes.... everything about him was so attractive.. *zaina, what happened to "I want to become independent first" saying of yours huh?* The stupid voice inside my head! Just shut up. It's not like I am in love or something...
*Sure I'll believe you* get lost.

*********

I know this chapter was so boring and short I am sorry!! I'll try to make more longer chapter from now!
Xoxo 💋