chapter 9

"Aankhein teri, girti hai jab. Ab toh neende aati hai tab.
Humko lagta hai kuch dino se ab, tu ibaadat hai tu he hai mazhab."
______________________________________

Alem's POV

The sun hits me with it's brightness as soon as I opened my eyes, i shut them tight again for sometime, trying to get used to this brightness but after few seconds the room went dark again.
I opened my eyes and saw Zaina drawing curtains for me. I smiled at her concern. "Maahe Maan.. you were saying something? About marriage?"
I tease her.

"Alem, i missed you." She came to sit beside me and takes my hand in hers.

"Did you?" I give her a gentle smile.
But she stayed silent and kept looking at me like she have been waiting for this moment for eternity.
"Maahe Maan? You're staring."

She takes a Deep breath and reply. "I.. really missed you alot." Her eyes was starting to brimm with tears. I took her hand in mine, gently circling the back of her palm with my thumb.
"I am here now baby."

She looked flustered. Her cheeks turned into crimson red, when I called her baby.

I chuckle. "You like it, don't you? Baby?" She looks down and smiles.

"I'll take that as a yes, Maahe Maan."

"How long have i been like this love? In coma?" She was saying that we were supposed to get married now. Our marriage was about 3 months away. I kinda knew the answer but I wanted to confirm.

"3 months, 12 days." Her eyes saddened when she said that.

"You counted the days too?''

"And hours." She said.

My eyes widened. My eyebrows reaching the hairline when she said that. "Hours? Baby?" I can't believe she even counted the hours too.

"I was about to go to bed at 12 am when my mom called me down to tell me that... You... So I know the hours too. I remember it, Alem."

My heart skipped a beat when she said that. "Maahe Maan.. I am so sorry." I was laying here unconscious without any worry while she was devastated. I can't forgive myself for letting her cry this much just for me.

"Please don't ever cry for anything. Don't shed a single tear for anyone, not even me. I am not worth your precious tear. I can't see you hurt, Maahe Maan."

______________________________________

Zaina's POV

My breath got stuck in my throat when he said that. He really still love me the same as he did before slipping in coma.

"You're worth everything, baby. I love you so much. In these past few months I have realised how much you mean to me, how much I love you."

"How much do you love me Maahe Maan?" He asks.

"I love you with every single cell in my body, that if anything happens to you I'll be destroyed. I am all yours Alem. Only yours."

"Damn right Maahe Maan. You're mine, all mine." He pressed his lips on the back of my hand. His gentle, languid kiss made my stomach flip upside down. When his lips parted away from my hand, I craved that touch again. I wished, it would have been a little longer. I wished time would have went by slow.

"I love you Maahe Maan, I love you so much." I didn't realise that I am completely and deeply in love with Alem, the feelings I had for Adian was nothing infront of what I feel for Alem, it was long gone too. But my heart goes dread whenever I think of how I am hiding the truth from him.
I have to tell him everything soon, but now is not the right time. He's already weak. I don't want to make him feel worse.

I hear the soft click of door's lock opening. Alem's parents entered the room. "Alem?" Huma aunty looked so Happy seeing her oldest one finally awake. I haven't seen her eyes shine like this with happiness in these past 3 months. She hugged him tightly, yet carefully, trying not to hurt him.

Jehangir uncle was standing and watching them with heart eyes. I know damn well that he's the one who missed Alem the most, he doesn't show it but deep down he was hurt.

"Mom?..." He said as soon as he saw the tears pouring down her mother's cheek. He gently wipes tears from her cheeks with his thumb.

"Mom I am completely fine now. See? Abhi toh aapko meri shaadi bhi karwani hai ammi. Aise roye na please."

She smiled and hits his cheek lightly.
"Shaadi karne ki itni jaldi hai tumhe ke jaise uthe ho waise he yaad aagaya."

"Aapki Bahu ko jaldi hai. She was telling me how she missed me, and that we were about to get married now. I didn't even remembered mom."

My eyes widened, my cheeks started to heat up.
This little minx is trying to play innocent. He's teasing me.

His mom looked at me and give me a teasing smile, playing along with him. "Haa? Zaina?"

"No! No! He's just lying!" I said immediately.

"I am not lying, you're lying! You wanted to get married!"

"Oh so you don't want to marry me huh?" I rest my hands on my hips, piercing glare at him.

"I- I didn't mean that. But you told me that you want to get married as soon as I get up! Didn't you?" He defended himself.

I did. He was not lying. But I won't accept it! "No I didn't!"

"She's lying mom!" He fight back.

His dad looked between us.
"Ok ok kids, calm down. We'll get you both married as soon as Alem is discharged and back home safely. Ok?"

I huff at Alem. "Say sorry."

He looks at me in disbelief. "What?! Sorry for what? Telling the truth?!"

I shushed him. "Shut up! Just say sorry or else.. or else I- "

"Or else you what? Huh?"

"Or else I won't marry you!!" The words left my mouth before I could stop myself.

"I am sorry!! Happy?" He apologized, as he thinks that i seriously wouldn't have married him.

"Ok we're good. Happy!"

______________________________________

I was back in my home as Adian was staying with Alem today. I was roaming here and there in living room, waiting for Amanah to arrive as she told me she'd come to meet me today.

As soon as the door bell ring, i went to open the door immediately.

It was her, but she looked little unusual. "Assalamualaikum Zainii." Even her voice sounds somewhat i can't figure out.

"Walekum assalam. Come.. come inside Amanah." I give her space to come in.

"Sit." I point towards the couch.

She sat down and spoke in low voice. "Zainii, I- I met Adian yesterday.."
Excuse me? Mam? What? Adian?....

"You met Adian? Where?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

"I was at the supermart, buying groceries. When I came out, I saw Adian passing by. He noticed me and came to greet me."

"Yeah? Why are you so worried about it tho?" I was confused as why is she so worried about him just coming to greet her?

"Zaina, he- he told me that he's in love with me.."

______________________________________

Hey lovelies i know it's been so long since I updated! I am so sorry! I was busy with few things! But now here's your chapter. Short but happy:)
See you tomorrow! I swear tomorrow!
Till then,
Xoxo 💋

Follow me on ig for updates;)

@Zeniiwrites