Deny

"You should definitely work at the agency. It's a good work for ya." Dazai spoked while looking up at the ceiling as Y/N was making lunch for both of them. Y/N sighed.

"Look, as much as I would love to, my gift is not much of a help. You know this." She sighed. If there was one thing Dazai was hiding for her, was her real meaning of her gift. Her gift was not what she thought it was.

"You can heal living things. Just as you healed the roses back at the mafia. Cmon Y/N, give it a try at least." Dazai said in a tease tone. Y/N rolled her eyes, it wasn't enough to convince her.

"It's not enough." She said to him. She continued fixing the sauce for the sandwiches until she felt a pair of long slim arms wrapping her waist, a body touching so close behind her and a head laying on top of hers. She didn't have no words or not know how to react. Dazai wasn't much of words but more of physical touch.

"Your always enough. I'm glad your giving us a chance, I thought you were gonna say no." He mumbled. Y/N soflty smiled and patted his hands.

"Be glad I didn't kick your ass the moment you did." She chuckled. Dazai chuckled back and placed a small kiss on her head, making her stomach make a flip.

"I'm glad, sweetheart." Was his last words before he grabbed his sandwich and left the apartment. Y/N held her face and felt herself heat up, not that type of heating up reaction. The feeling of small butterflies on her stomach and loss of words.

"Damn idiot....we aren't even dating..."
__________________________

Y/N mopped the floor and swiped the sweat off her forehead. She sighed in relief and threw herself on the living rooms couch. She felt a pair of small papers on the couch and took them out. Only for them to be pictures. Pictures of Dazai and the agency. Y/N smiled at the pictures as she looked each of them.

"So, you have been blinded by the light now?"

As if the world was collided between them, a slash echoed the empty apartment from the clashing of the sword and her black tessen. The gift of the women was piercing her down. Making her weak.

"Kouyou." Y/N widen her eyes to see her in person. But her face read it all, she was furious.

"Y/N, come back. You have no place outside the mafia. You are serving your destiny in the mafia and nothing else." She says in a stoic manner. Y/N grunted from Kouyous gift bringing the tessen down from its force.

"Your wrong." Y/N pushed both her tessen and the sword to the side, making them both hit the floor with a clang sound. Kouyou was shocked at Y/Ns response.

"I am not like you and I will never be like you." Y/N said to her sternly.

"No, you will not go down the same path as Kyoka. I demand you to come back this instant." Kouyou raised her voice at her. Y/N didn't flinch at all, she only stared at her with stern eyes. Kouyou lost her, her E/C eyes showed she was filled with hope and light.

"Your just afraid I will end up doing the same mistakes as you did when you were younger." Y/N fired back at her. Kouyou hitched her breath from her response.

"You will. Both you and Dazai will be killed if you do not come back. I demand you to come back and leave that nonsense of following that pathetic man that doesn't know his meaning of life but just to wish to die."

"You are wrong." Y/N responded back. Kouyou backed her gift away and stood there. Listening to the young lady.

"His life might be meaningless but that doesn't mean he isn't human. Just because I was raised in the dark, will not mean I will become cold and heartless as you. I was ok the brink of becoming like you, but that isn't what Oda raised me to be." Y/N claimed to her.

"So no, my final answer will be no. I will not return to the Mafia."

"You really have changed...."

Y/N eyes perked up to Kouyou, who stared at Y/Ns tessen that was thrown across the living room. Kouyou felt, betrayed. Betrayed of the other side of her. Y/Ns answer was so clear, she was in denial.

"Y/N....Does all of this, really make you happy?Does he make you happy?" As she took a look around the apartment before looking at Y/N. Was Dazai making her happy? You can't really rely on a man for your own happiness.

Only you yourself are willing to make yourself happy.

"Dazai, isn't what makes me happy right now but, I'm glad we both know what makes us happy not just each other but, we just know what makes us happy."

If there would be a time she would return, would be the day she ran behind the man she admired. It was like as if she was looking at a replica of her, but it's not. So many attempts to keep Y/N going through the same steps as she did, it slipped out of her fingertips so quickly.

"Y/N, just know that....Ive never wanted to keep you out of the world just because." Kouyou admitted softly before sitting down in the couch and her gift fading away. Y/N cautiously sat on the sofa that across from Kouyou.

"I just did not want you to go through what I did. Following behind a man just for some selfish reasons. I do not want that for you." Y/N understood, since the beginning she was introduced to Kouyou, she understood how it was hard for the women. Especially to escape with a man just to end up back in the same place you met them.

The women in distressed took a deep breath and out as she sat down on the couch to relax.Y/N took a breather and sat in the floor across the couch. A bit of guilt was brewing on her chest.

"Please Y/n, at least promise me that your not going to go too far with him......"

When was the last time someone asked me to promise them something.....

"Know your own worth."