STEAM(Y): Giggling Riders

Hi, Rekami here. Yet another one with Simon and Lily. Honestly I'd like to write a whole novel about these birds, but unfortunately I don't have that much motivation lol. I've had this scene in my head for a while lol, and I feel like this scene's perfect for these two. 

Giggling Riders

***

The thump of boots slamming on softwood flooring, the zipping noises of shoelaces, and clicks of clips. Then heavy steps of riding boots towards a full body mirror. 

A phone is raised pointing towards the mirror. She spins her body and tilting her hips to check herself out. 

"I feel like the Power Rangers right now" She spits out without thinking.  "What?" Confusing her man behind her, who's sitting on the floor putting on his own boots. "The helmet, and the armored get-up." She explains, "It feels like I'm about to fight a Kaiju haha" She chuckles. 

"Yeah yeah,.. You'll fight Kaiju for me?" He said in a labored voice, trying to fit his feet into boots just fitting his size. She hums as an answer. She's still checking herself out, The gear she's wearing are new stuff to her;

Her full-face helmet with a radio communications system installed to the side of her helmet chin bar. under it, she's wearing a balaclava. Her black leather jacket looks to be press-fit to her body, with a few inches added for armor and padding. The zippers are still undone, and she's merely wearing a T-Shirt under it. Her grey pants are also padded, with integrated knee-pads. And her boots are dark brown, with black laces and clips. Her bright white gloves are bulky on her hands, but still comfortable. 

"How does it feel, Lily? It's kind of old, my mom haven't been able to ride these past few years." Simon asked, getting up behind her and looking at the mirror with her.

He's wearing helmets with reflection strips all over, also with a communication system attached to the side of the chin bar. His camo green with black components, having more armor for less comfort. His pants are tan with black pads. His boots are neon green with white clips. His gloves are white with reflector strips on the back of his gloves stuck in the shape of an arrow. 

They both stood close to each other in front of the mirror, 

'Click' a picture is taken. 

"Alright, let's go?" Simon asked, putting his hand out, asking for Lily to hand over her phone. "Yeah, let's go." She hands him her phone and Simon puts it in a small pack that he attaches to his leg. 

Before they walk out, Simon goes to his mother's room to check on his sleeping mother one last time before they truly walk out. After everything's okay, Simon walks out to his garage and fires up his bike, a black cruiser Yamaha. drags it out of his garage and puts his hand out, guiding Lily on. 

 Thus after everyone's snug and ready,. Pulls clutch, first gear, and zooms off. In the darkness of night, with streetlights zooming by turning into mere streaks of light. Even though the bike isn't very fast, but it's just enough speed to catch the wind and enjoy the weekday night. 

Though without words, they got closer to each other more on the saddles of that bike. Lily subconsciously warps her hands around Simon's body. When Simon speeds up, her grasp gets tighter, as far as she could go with bulky helmets in the way. 

After half an hour of aimlessly being on the road, They both decide to pull up and a nearby fast-food chain by drive-through. The pick up a couple of burgers and stop at a big empty parking lot nearby to eat.