When the World Turns To Dust.

PROMPT: 

This is a prompt from Nox to write some "End of world" bullshit."

It's 2 AM and my inhibitions go out the window. Good luck.

***

The Scroll Wheel of the mouse is clicking, The screen shows articles upon news articles covering devastating news that would affect the vast majority of humanity;

7 previously unidentified asteroids are en route to hit earth within 2 weeks with a radius of roughly 300 Kilometers each, enough to change the course of life on this blue rock. The man's eyes shoot through all of the articles covering it; making sure that what he's reading is true, that all sources lead to the same conclusion; 

"We're fucked."

He muttered under his breath, before leaning back on his chair and loosening his tie. He takes off his glasses and pinches the bridge of his nose with a sigh. He looks off at his desk; Messy, with paper scrambled and strewn about. They're all reports and printed emails he has to examine, and hand in to the higher ups by dawn of next day, and it's already...

He looks at his watch,  9 PM. 

"Fuck." he curses to himself again, but deciding to get back to work and finish it. Keyboards and mice start clicking, the cursor lazily scoots over and over, formulas getting typed in. And before he knows it, his work is finished.... Or as he wished before he looks over at his to-do list having half a dozen more tasks to finish. 

"Fu-" he's about to curse to himself again, but his phone rings. The distinct ringtone he set already gives him an idea of who's calling him at this ungodly hour at a weekday. He sighs and accepts the call, setting it to speaker mode before continuing his work. 

"... Hello? Jason?" The voice calls out.

"Lucy." His raspy voice replies over the sound of his clacking keyboard "What do you want?" 

"You read the news, right? It's everywhere on Twitter." 

"Hm." is all he could care to muster. 

 "So,... What're you gonna do? 2 weeks, you're a doomprep guy, right? you got a bunker and everything."

"No The fuck i don't, I just have a month of supplies in my basement and that's about it." He snarls.

"Shut up, you got gas masks and everything."

"Lucy, This fucking apocalypse can't be survived with what I have. We're fucked."

"Yeah yeah I know.!" She's a tad gleeful, which annoys Jason's ears. "What're you going to do about it?"

"Nothing, We're fucked anyway, there's nothing I can do." 

"Really?"

"The fuck do you think I can do? Who do you think I am? Superman? Doctor Strange? Fucking Thanos?" he raises his raspy voice in annoyance.

"Whoa whoa buster, Chill out. Sorry for bothering your work. I'll just hang up-"

"Wait no,!" Jason stops typing and grabs his phone.

"No, Dude, sorry.! I didn't know you were that locked into your work! I'll just talk to you later."

"Nono, Please." Jason's Voice becomes more somber.

"Jason, You don't have to compromise so much. I know you're getting annoyed that I'm here. So I'll just-"

"No I'm not, please. I'm sorry."