Chapter 11

-Bian's POV-

"So are you ready for the presentation?" Maddy asked me. She had calmed down after we told her what had happened.
"Oh my God, I totally forgot about that. However, you do not have to worry, since I practiced at home," I responded.
______________________________

"Are you alright?" Farhan asked me with a worrying face right before we were going to the front of the class.
"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?"
"It just didn't seem like it, but alright."
"No everything's fine," this was a total lie, "I just hate Mondays," I quickly said, which added a bit of truth into my statement.
"Okay," he gave in. It's not like he had any other choice.

Our presentation was going well. Still, I kind of felt really uncomfortable standing there. It seemed like everyone was consuming me with their eyes. Even when the others were speaking, there was still too much attention on me. I don't like this.

Everyone already knew. I was never going to live the same way I did before. Am I being too dramatic?

I would have another lesson with both Isabella and Christina if I hadn't excused myself to the infirmary. I couldn't bear them. I kindly asked the nurse to let me lay there for the rest of this period and she fortunately gave in, seeing the exhausted state of mine.

I tried to rest my eyes, but my brain wouldn't stop thinking about this whole situation. I was scaring myself by imagining fake scenarios in which the entire school turned up on me and bullied me. Something that would only happen in movies. My mind is playing games with me right now.

Why do I have to hurt myself too?

After the English class, in which I was absent, Maddy told me all about David and the conversation they had, since they were assigned together for a small group work. Her eyes were sparkling when she told me he was going to get physical therapy for his paralysis after saving up money. I hope things work out for you.

"By the way," Maddy said while we were in line for lunch, "Isabella and Conan were also in a group together with another person, but you know what I noticed?" she made a pause. I was staring at her, because I thought she would continue. However, she just did the same.
"You're supposed to ask me 'What?' for the flow," she finally said.

Oh, that's what you want.

I cleared my throat, "What?"
"Okay so, Isabella was staring at Conan nonstop. Like she would have kissed him on the spot if she could. That's how intensely focused her eyes were on him. The funny part is though, Conan was straight up ignoring her the whole time and instead talking with the other dude in their group. I'm sorry, but Isabella is such a shameless bitch."

"Mmh, interesting," was the only thing I said in response to give off a certain nonchalant vibe, but internally I was happy to hear that Conan seemed to not believe her nonsense.

"Why aren't you eating?" Maddy asked, sounding worried. Ugh, I wish I could make people not care about me whenever I wanted.
"I don't have an appetite, because Miss Hulls ruined my day," I responded, relieving her insults in my head from earlier this day.
"Don't worry, I'll beat her ass next time," Maddy said, pretending to stab someone with her fork.

"Girl, you do not know that woman. She's evil, always picking at people to boost herself. We literally talked about bullying in class and one of the reasons for that is the perpetrator's little self esteem problems. Shouldn't she as a psychology teacher know that?" I realized how dumb that actually is.

"Jeez, shouldn't you and your psychologist friends report that? At least there would be one smart side," Maddy suggested, giving me a 'You really couldn't think of that'-look as if he hadn't tried.
"Do you really think no one did? We're not stupid, but look at her, it's almost her 12th year working at this school."

I sighed heavily.

"My brother told me, when he was a freshman here, which would be like about 6 years ago, Miss Hulls used to flirt with her students," I told her emphasizing on the word 'flirt', almost bursting in laughter because of the ridiculous thing I just said.

"What?" Maddy reacted loudly, her mouth staying wide open.

"What is this food?" Nikita sat down with her tray, "Is this supposed to be cheese?" she pointed to something on the tray. The only reason for that assumption was the yellowish color.

"Did you know that Miss Hulls flirted with her students," Maddy quickly and loudly blurted out.

"What," Nikita was shocked. She started to laugh hysterically.

"Here!" Maddy shouted. What the hell? This conversation has too many turning points.
I looked in the direction she was looking at and...

Conan?