Chapter 73

The chamber, adorned with flayed skins that seemed to dance in the dim light, exuded an eerie atmosphere. The smell of blood lingered in the air, creating an unsettling ambiance. Bahamut, unfazed by the gruesome spectacle, approached the scene with a dragon's curiosity.

As he drew nearer, the splashing of water caught his attention. There, in the corner of the chamber, Ramsay Snow was busy cleaning himself, oblivious to the presence of an unexpected guest. Bahamut, veiled by his magical concealment, observed the notorious psychopath from the shadows.

However, as Bahamut ventured closer, Ramsay's instincts kicked in. The psychopath, without conscious awareness of what lurked in the shadows, seized an axe in a swift and practiced motion. Bahamut, undeterred by the sudden defensive gesture, calmly uttered, "Good."

Ramsay, startled, surveyed the chamber, his eyes darting around in search of the unseen intruder. "Who's there?" he demanded, gripping the axe tightly, the air charged with tension. Ramsay, eyes widening in surprise, questioned the unseen presence, "Who are you? How did you get in here?"

Bahamut, with Aithusa nestled in his arms, replied dismissively, "Names matter little. What matters is that I've been watching, observing your... unique methods." His gaze shifted towards the gruesome decorations of flayed skin, and he acknowledged, "Impressive, to say the least."

Ramsay, smirking, responded with a twisted sense of approval, "You've got a sick taste. I like that." He raised the axe, poised for confrontation, and taunted, "How about having a taste?"

Before Ramsay could advance, Bahamut's eyes transformed into draconic orbs, and two horns emerged from his head, giving him an intimidating appearance. Ramsay, frozen with fear, stumbled backward, attempting to hurl the axe at Bahamut, only for it to veer off course inexplicably.

Observing Ramsay's distress, Bahamut remarked, "We both simply enjoy inflicting horrific torture on people. Me by fire, while you flay skin or hunt them with your arrow and hound. But the important difference is, I won't torture innocent people while you do."

As Ramsay, visibly sweating, contemplated a way out, Bahamut stated with conviction, "It's really sad that the legacy of the Red Kings won't survive much longer." He then directed his gaze at the skinless body Ramsay had recently tortured and added, "Do you wish to continue?"

Ramsay, trying to maintain a façade of confidence, inquired nervously, "What do you mean?" Bahamut extended an offer, "Join me, swear allegiance to me. In return, I grant you the legitimacy you crave. You will be recognized as a true Bolton, and the Dreadfort shall be yours to rule as a loyal Lord in service to me."

Perplexed and fearful, Ramsay stuttered, "Who are you?" In response, Bahamut tossed a plague with a dragon mark on it, declaring, "Wait for me in Kings Landing as a good kid. I will find you there." With that, Bahamut's presence vanished from the chamber, leaving Ramsay bewildered.

Outside the Dreadfort, Bahamut took to the skies with a resounding roar, awakening the castle and ensuring Ramsay was well aware of the true force that he had encountered. The echoes of Bahamut's roar lingered as he soared towards the North, leaving behind the twisted legacy of the Dreadfort.

Although Aithusa, perceptive to the smell of blood that lingered in the chamber, was already awake when Bahamut entered. However, she remained still, seemingly unperturbed by the gruesome surroundings. Bahamut, too, paid little attention, aware that she would witness more horrors in their journey.

As Bahamut let out a mighty roar and ascended into the sky once more, Aithusa finally stirred. It was as if she had chosen that moment to reveal her wakefulness. Her actions indicated an intelligence that surpassed that of a human child, and Bahamut couldn't help but marvel at the rapid growth of his dragon companion.

With Aithusa now securely on his back, Bahamut continued their flight, the destination set for the North, with Winterfell looming as their next stop.

[

Fellow readers, I hope you all are doing well. I apologize for not continuing this fiction for a while, as I have been focused on my other two fictions. Please bear with me, or you could read my other two works. This fiction will not continue past chapter 100 for its second volume, at least for now. However, you can access my content on my Patreon, which is about 40 chapters ahead, even though I haven't updated it for a while. Anyway, we will be back soon.

]