Return

Dream

Arno and Sinon are sitting together in a rocking chair as they enjoyed the view of the lake on the balcony of the house that they live in. Sinon fell asleep on Arno's shoulder, sleeping peacefully as he was slowly rocking the chair back and forth as he sees Sinon sleeping. It was a lovely day for the two couples to enjoy. But then, everything started to glitch and disoriented around Arno as it shows Y/n's real life form as he is now in SAO. Y/n looks around for Sinon as he calls out her name.

Y/n: Sinon?! Sinon!

Y/n couldn't see Sinon anywhere. Everything around was still glitching and everything was falling apart. As the glitching was still going, a dark cloud like fog appears in front of Y/n, a cloud of darkness. It released a horrifying screech as Y/n started to run the house as it was chasing after him as well. Y/n made it to the front door of the house to open it, but it was locked. He tries to bash open the door with his shoulder, but it was no use. Y/n turns around for the darkness to catch up to him as it went straight at Y/n as he screamed in horror.

Reality

Y/n jolts awake as he gasps for air, breathing shakily as his heart is beating. He realized that it was all a nightmare. Y/n controls his breathing as he finally calms down. He gets out of bed to check the clock, it is now 7:15 AM as he goes to the restroom to turn on the lights that were green in the room, for Y/n to look at the mirror to see his reflection.

Y/n: *long sigh* I look like hell.

Y/n turns on the water for him to fill both of his hands of water and splash his face. He turns off the water to dry his face with the towel and fix his hair to be in a normal style. Y/n exits the restroom and goes to his nightstand and opens the drawer and picks up his pocket watch to open it. He calms down to see the time on the watch, for it to still be broken as it kept Y/n calm. Y/n closes the watch and puts it down on the nightstand for now and goes to get ready for the day.

January 2025

It has been two months since the death game of SAO, as people were calling it now. Most people haven't woken up from the NerveGear yet. Akihiko Kayaba is the reason why they are trapped, but now he's missing and no one has ever heard what happened to him. Y/n managed to recover from the hospital after two months in rehab. A person from an agency that wanted to investigate what happened. Y/n told them everything that happened inside the game, but he didn't tell him that he was the Assassin of Sword Art Online. In return, they told him where to find Kirito's place to send his condolences to one of his family members or siblings. Y/n is seen driving in his car to location he knows where to go.

Driving down the road, he arrives at the estate to see what the place looks like.