Chapter 3

It's another day at Ateneo University. There is nothing special for today's classes, just boring old routines. To make it less boring, students find a way to spend their time leisurely to catch some breaks, so Janine and Stasha did just that; they had planned to go to the mall that day. Janine and Claudette are done with their classes and have time to spare. Stasha on the other hand has one more class to attend.

Of course, Janine doesn't want Claudete to come so it took a lot of time convincing her that she is fine alone. Both had agreed that Claudette could at least drop off Janine at the mall. Janine's other friends are there too who tried to clear their schedule to spend time with each other. Janine's circle agreed to meet at the same place they met up around 3 pm.

On the way there, Janine received a text from Aya who said she couldn't make it. It's okay, it's understandable. Aya is Dean Lister who's also president of an Org, her schedule is very packed. It's 1 out of 3, the others can come with her naman. A few seconds later, Janine saw Shana's message that hers were also packed for today. She sent a screenshot for proof that she isn't just too lazy to come. Janine is feeling a little upset but she has to respect their time, they are adults with their own lives after all. Stasha is the last one left, Janine is holding on to all her hopes at this point that she won't cancel too. Janine is already distressed enough that the other two can't come. A notification is heard from Janine's phone and it is from Stasha, she doesn't know the content of it but hopefully, it's good news... Something that Stasha was already on her way but when she opened it...

'Hi!! Sorry beh I can't come, urgent meeting. Bawi ako next time.'

Her frustration grew stronger and it seemed like she could form her storm cloud inside the car. Claud felt the sudden change of air so quickly that she immediately looked at Janine sulking... again. Claudette had observed that her boss always frowns as if she will never catch a good day ever in her life. There's this distinct similarity between Claudette and Janine–They both don't know how to keep their feelings to themselves–Their face are so expressive that it's easy to tell if they are upset or overjoyed. Claudette just stared at her boss which Janine noticed.

"What is it, Claudette? Kanina ka pa nakatingin jan." Janine said in a very stern voice.

"Ay sorry po ma'am... Eh... Para po kayong galit, may nangyari po ba?" Claudette said.

"Hindi daw tuloy, let's go home na."

"Ha?"

"I said, hindi tuloy so let's go home na."

"Ma'am sayang naman, we are five minutes away from the mall."

Janine is getting more irritated at this point. She can't believe her mother ever chose a bodyguard so hard-headed "Claudette. Let's go home."

"But what if I take you out on a date?" After Claud said that, you can see Janine's confused face. Janine is left dumbfounded by her sudden invitation. Claudette saw her expression, it was laughable enough so she let out a light chuckle which made Janine more confused. Maybe Janine thinks that this is sarcasm... So Claud urgently cleared the air. "I mean... Platonically lang, Ma'am. To lift your mood."

Janine is finally enlightened although she does not appreciate the gesture. "I don't need your pity right now."

"Hindi po sa ganon Ma'am. I just think you deserve to enjoy." Janine thought about her suggestion deeply. Maybe it's not that bad to agree.

"Fine, Claud. Make sure I enjoy." Staying inside of their house gets too lonely anyways.

"Challenge accepted," Claud said which made Janine scoff a little. That is a good sign for Claud, it will go well.